Rope swing INSANE!! Awsome

You have GOT to learn how to embed videos, brother - nothing to it.

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button.
3) Scroll down just a bit and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Oub8-ItIceQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanx been wondering how to do that
You have GOT to learn how to embed videos, brother - nothing to it.

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button.
3) Scroll down just a bit and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Oub8-ItIceQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can dynamic ropes really take that kind of load that many times over? It looks awesome but there must be some crazy forces on those ropes when they bottom out.

Thats pretty f 'n awsome. really gotta know what your doing to set up a swing like that.

I wouldn't do that, I hate the feeling of the fall and a big swing.
I'm a "slow moving boy".

About the max load on the rope, it isn't so much, maybe just a little over 3 time the static weight because there is almost no free fall, but tangenting on the rope radius. The rope catches the guy smoothly and then, swiiiing ...

I wouldn't do that, I hate the feeling of the fall and a big swing.

Holy crap, I LOVE IT. I'd have been jumping more than anyone else there! I try to do it whenever I get the chance.

For me, it only happens in big live oaks or the peak of someone's house. Just JUMP! Do it enough and you'll learn how to do it and not burn your hitch.

I know a guy that is a skydive instructor. It's a pricey addiction. He offered to take me up several times......I'm afraid I'd like it so much I hock all my shit just to go up one more time.

He says I'm just scared. :D

I had a buddy from HS who had a small plane, he asked me several times to fly with him. I never did, he lived way out in the sticks... he died in a crash a few years ago.

RIP Tommy, old friend. I wish I'd have flown with you!

Odd factiod... Tommy's (HS years age house) is 100' from where I live, now.

I know a guy that is a skydive instructor. It's a pricey addiction. He offered to take me up several times......I'm afraid I'd like it so much I hock all my shit just to go up one more time.

He says I'm just scared. :D

Yes it is I was just talking about on the "Staying Alive" thread. There are many skydivers/base jumpers that their whole life revolves around it. In the movie" Point Break" Swazye said some people shove stuff up their nose, stick needles in their arm but all you got to do is jump. True statement :D

Hate to be a party pooper, but Leon and I were speculating on the possible dangers before when the same vid or a similar one was posted some weeks back. Doing those flips with a loose rope about, if it looped around your neck or possibly any other part of your body, it could be extreme. Me thinks that seeing someone decapitated would take the fun out of it.

Back