Rope bridge vs web bridge

When you run your lanyard on the lower d's it turns your lanyard into a really long adjustable bridge. It ends up feeling almost the same as when your climbing system is set up and keeps your balance point down on the hips rather than up at your waist. I wonder if there's some international patent on their lower d's or something... I'm really surprised more manufacturers don't have them.

I run upper d's/rings for removals and the lower d's for everything else.

I don't like sherrill, but I did see in their new small catalog that the TM is coming with the comfort back pad standard now. If I were considering one I'd ask Luke at treestuff if they can offer that too. That backpad is definitely more comfortable but outrageously overpriced. It should have come with it stock from the beginning.

Come to think of it I think the TM is overpriced too. I got mine on wesspurs 20% black Friday sale last year. It's worth $400 all day long.

Petzl for me. I climb on my Sequoia everyday it isn't raining and have had no bridge questions for two yrs. that being said, a new one is on order just because. It can get a little tight n areas after two or three hrs on rope, but isn't terrible. Go to a TCC and try on a bunch of saddles, or a local shop th has most of them.

Petzl for me. I climb on my Sequoia everyday it isn't raining and have had no bridge questions for two yrs.
Seriously? have you ever looked at the underside of it? I'm sure you inspect your gear, I'm just surprised with how quickly I go through bridges, But I also spend a lot of time climbing.

Just a heads up anyone considering a new saddle. Treestuff has the "original" treemotion in the sales section for $419. With the 5% coupon it's $400. Well worth it at that price.

There's a place by my folks house in southeast PA called American Arborist Supplies. They have a lot of saddles in the show room and some monkey bars with ropes hanging from them to test out saddles in. They aren't the cheapest, but they're convenient. I can try it on, hang in it, and skip[ shipping costs. I think I am headed down that way in a few weeks to bang out some tree work my mother is after me about at their house.

Theres a stihl dealer locally with some saddles and a tree trunk with partial limbs set up in the showroom. Im not welcome there anymore so I cant take advantage of it.

The owners son was a punk to my wife one day when she ran to pick up parts. A REAL PUNK. She put him in his place when all was said and done but we aren't welcome anymore. He was an arrogant bastard and there was no reason.

Seriously? have you ever looked at the underside of it? I'm sure you inspect your gear, I'm just surprised with how quickly I go through bridges, But I also spend a lot of time climbing.

Yeah. I do inspect everyday as well. I am using a looked down upon swivel on my bridge too. Like I said I climb on it daily and still very little wear. I am around 200 w/ gear and do 85% removals. I would imagine days of pruning would be a little harder on the gear.

Just switched out my PI rope bridge on my Cougar. I will be sending the HC pully I was using and the line to Dave at WesSpur to break test. I replaced it with PI (and I promised to try stopper knots this time through the rings :lol: ) and a pinto pulley captured by carabiner. I had a 3/8ths Q link capturing the HC to the bridge, but it won't work on the pinto.

Well constructed for certain. I am missing my multiple connection points on the HC on the bridge. Especially with the Wraptor and SRT tether to the hand ascender. But I will adapt. ;)

Could try a mini bear paw clipped to the Pinto, I suppose...I hate the extra jingle/jangle that sort of arrangement drags with it, but it might be worth consideration.

Thought about it, but I have the same sentiment about it as you B... Just too much. Just be clipping onto the rope bridge. I liked how the HC kept it tight and organized though. Was really nice when you are double crotched swinging back and forth between leaders that had no real limbs to stand on or hold or if you were cabling a set of leaders in the same scenario.

Whiney little b**ch, ain't ya :lol:.

The side pull still worked fine, the bit I played with it a few years back...just shifts the angle over, no big rub that I could see.

K.. I was just worried about binding the bridge too much.
Yeah I know I am a tad whiney about this. LOL. I really liked how I had it dialed in.
I totally get where DMM is coming from though. See what comes of the break test and I might just risk going back. Pinto is a smooth SOB though. Maybe even more so than the HC on the bridge.
Sometimes when you first put a saddle on a horse, it ain't all that until you ride in it for a while and get more than just the horse broke ;)

Here's another variation on that theme that looks quite nice.

http://wesspur.com/items/sad140.html

I've been on the Spartan for about a year. My favorite saddle so far and i've tried quite a few. very adjustable, but runs a little big size wise. i replace the bridge about every six months, usually with the unused end f my climbing line.

Super comfy, lightweight, and i like that the bridge is so easily inspectable. i know rope, am very comfortable assessing its condition and replacement is quick, cheap and easy.

That being said, my secod favorite saddle was a Sequoia, and a large part of my love for it was the webbing bridge.

I rock that. Mucho bueno, amigo. Does run a bit large maybe. I'm a little small in the Medium, normally wearing 32" waist pants. I'm snugged down and a hair sloppy.

Back