Rocky's bucket truck for sale

Long haul.You might get it done in two days,most likely three though.

The longest run I ever did was west of Denver to here.1200 miles straight through .The 1280 miles from Frostproof Fla to here was done in two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Al, but your numbers are a bit off. It's over 1900 miles, not 1200. And the truck has a top speed of 60 mph. That's too slow for me to drive on the wide open interstates with 70-75 mph speed limits, so I'm taking non-interstate highways. That means traffic lights, etc. and probably an average speed of 45-50 mph (or less). Therefore I'm looking at 40-45 hours driving time or more. I'll be lucky to make it in three days.

On my last trip to Justin's, I made it home in 32 hours driving straight through in my Ranger. I had the cruise control set at 80 though.

Smart plan regarding tools and luggage. The truck is already messing with my head. Every tree I look at I'm evaluating access and potential set-ups.

Jockey. I'll be a bucket jockey. It sounds much more animated and sporting than slug.

And I'll probably remain king of the backyards. The oldest tree service in town won't climb, his nephew/competitor claims to climb but I've only seen him in a bucket, and Lowball Dave rents a lift for his woodrat friend to fly.

Skwerl said:
And the truck has a top speed of 60 mph. That's too slow for me to drive on the wide open interstates with 70-75 mph speed limits,

You cab drive 60 mph on the interstate, you won't get a ticket. Just stay outta the fast lane.

I think the minimum speed as around 40-45 if I'm not mistaken .

From Orlando I don't know what the best route would be other than I-75 north for a while .

On the interstsate here the speed limit is 70 mph for cars and for trucks and cars with trailers it is 55. A trucker friend of mine says the CHP will let you get away with 62 mph so they all have cruise control now and they all go 62 mph. Every once in a whiile they have a maximum enforcement period and they have to go 55 mph. It might be a nicer trip off the interstate anyway.

Stumper, it is all about the positioning.

edited the pictures

I was thinking more about actual travelling speed, not speed limits. I would be creating a hazard driving 50-60 mph on the interstate with a 70 mph speed limit and an average speed of 75+.

We'll see how it goes. I'll be driving the interstate until I get out of Florida. If the local roads turn into too big of a hassle between Alabama and Texas, I can always jump over to I-40 or something. I have 4 days to get there, plenty of cash and credit cards for emergencies and a GPS to tell me where I am and where I'm going.

I just gave the old girl her final bath. I even put the skwerl back on the front grill for the trip. :D

Al,

I would call it FA.

Rocky,

I would hit the interstates at night when it is less congested usually and cooler for the tires. It's not easy to make any time on state and county roads. Going through speed limits and stop signs and lights kill you.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm looking forward to the trip. :)

Steve, he's my navigator. :D

FWIW, you do know you may encounter FREEZING weather at some point, maybe even into the low 60's!! :\: :D pack some layers amigo, if you even own a jacket I dunno, but its a thought! :)

Yeah, Justin is going to have to do some weatherizing on this truck. As it sits, the hydraulics don't work that well below 45 degreees or so. And the truck gets difficult to start at those temps as well. Thinner hydraulic fluid and some sort of block heater (or fuel heater) will be called for I think.

Yes Paul, I own a jacket. :P I think it's buried somewhere in the closet in the spare bedroom, and I may have outgrown it but I do own a jacket! :lol:
Weather Bug says the temps in Stumper Land are in the 30*-60* range. I'll pack accordingly and there is always a Wal Mart in range if I need a hat or pair of gloves or something.

Yes Paul, I own a jacket. :P I think it's buried somewhere in the closet in the spare bedroom, and I may have outgrown it but I do own a jacket! :lol:\

just giving you the gears man, dont take it so serious like! :P

hahahaha

Yeah, Justin is going to have to do some weatherizing on this truck. As it sits, the hydraulics don't work that well below 45 degreees or so. And the truck gets difficult to start at those temps as well. Thinner hydraulic fluid and some sort of block heater (or fuel heater) will be called for I think.

Yes Paul, I own a jacket. :P I think it's buried somewhere in the closet in the spare bedroom, and I may have outgrown it but I do own a jacket! :lol:
Weather Bug says the temps in Stumper Land are in the 30*-60* range. I'll pack accordingly and there is always a Wal Mart in range if I need a hat or pair of gloves or something.

I have a block heater for that motor.

Back