RockBlock Loopie Combo???

Jack

Treehouser
What ya think of this thing??? :? Sherrill's been hawking it for a while.
I got the pulley an plenty of Tennex ... I could make one, in no time ... ;)
Might keep me awake watching the Olympics ... maybe. :lol:

400_35199-2.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It IS cute ... is it worth the trouble? ... trying to picture finding a use for it :roll:

I suppose if you had it, you'd probably put it to task once in a while...but if you didn't have it, you'd probably not miss it much, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it does not seem worth making ... definitely not worth buying.

If you wanted to make up a lightish duty eye sling sized to "match" the rating on that pretty little pulley, it might give you essentially the same potential benefit at less effort. Also might be more multi-purpose.

I've been wanting to make one up. I have a 3/8" loopie with a pinto pulley and its sweet for quick redirects or even as a main block for smaller stuff. I've even chunked some wood into it a time or two, well within the limits mind you. I was gonna buy another pinto before I saw this on treestuff, we have one sitting around, along with some tenex, so I figure why not. 20 minutes of time, and two items that see little to no use will be fairly helpful and see plenty of use.

I looked at that in the catalog or online or whatnot... I think attaching it to the loopie directly limits it. Make the loopie and connect the pulley to it with a steel biner, then if you want to use the loopie or the pulley separately you can. For as often as you use it having it on a biner isn't so bad.

I think Brendon has one he made up with a different pully that sees light duty up in the tree. I know I would like to make a simple one out of 3/8ths Tenex myself. Probably with the Pinto rig pulley. Be nice to have a light weight light duty option on small stuff over tight LZs and targets.

I can't see any use for it. It seems to me the swiveling feature, though a boasting point at times, would cause headaches when rigging, as the lines could twist and foul. I'd also have a hard time trusting that with a 500# load. After all the time spent talking about kind rope bending angles, they market something like this with about as sharp a bend as one could imagine, and for load-bearing at that. Of course the bend is not in a mobile section of the line, but that bend does not look rope-friendly to me. What do they rate it at?

Back