Rock Exotica chest box choice

Burnham

Woods walker
I'm looking to acquire a chest box and harness, and am wondering if I should get the single or double pulley model. Those of you who have set up ropewalker SRT systems, which one and why?

Burnham, are you using doubled rope tech. for ascents? If not then get the single roller

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would expect to be going single rope, and initially planned to get the single...but the cost for the double isn't much more and as No Bivy notes, more options that I might not foresee today might be good.

Thanks for the replys, guys.

I wonder if the two pulleys are offset from each other? So if you use it for single line, then the line would be kinked just a bit?

If you do get the double pulley let us know how it works out o.k.?

Get the single so that when you upgrade to the double in a couple months you can give me the single!!!

I'm getting the single in a little bit here to put together my ropewalker system that I keep meaning to do.

love
nick

I wonder if the two pulleys are offset from each other? So if you use it for single line, then the line would be kinked just a bit?

If you do get the double pulley let us know how it works out o.k.?

I decided on the single.

The double mounts the pulleys side by side, parallel with each other. You can use either one independent of the other.

I decided on the single.

The double mounts the pulleys side by side, parallel with each other. You can use either one independent of the other.

I know that. But, with two pulleys is seems like one would be offset. Not alot but I have found on long ascents that even a tiny bit of friction really adds up. Thats why I ditched my OnRope chest box and got a box from Rock Thompson (rock exotica)
Good for you with going with the better chest box. You won't regret it, I promise.
What kind of harness did you buy? A Petzl? If so, make sure you get the large as the medium runs a bit too small.

holds it close to your chest instead of flopping around. Makes a huge difference in keeping your body upright so you use your legs to ascend instead of your belly muscles and arms

I have been using the single for a couple of years. It works fine, only thing I don't like is the hole for the tiny little shackle is just off center and I can't figure out why. It throws off the bungee running between the foot and knee ascender. As long as the double pulleys are spaced even I don't think it would jam you up much if use weren't doing a Mitchell double setup.

Got me a roller from TreeStuff. Just sewed up the harness for it today!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1346711817.003637.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Also, I never realized one of my shoulders is way higher than the other!

love
nick

Looks good, Nick. Best one out there, I believe.

Most of us are asymetrical to a greater or lesser degree, somewhere in our bodies.

Back