robina removals with crane

climbernz

TreeHouser
Hey guys , a little more crane action for ya.
Short and sweet, my go pro ran out of juice after the first few picks so nothing to drawn out.
Hope you enjoy, switch to hd.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x0A-3zP29UQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was that music mic'ed right from the jobsite? ;) I'm trying to picture all that happening with a party going on next door.:lol:

Great job man! That 46 with 18'' bar is a mean machine:thumbup:

In the first cut you were kinda pulling your saw in and out of the kerf, I noticed myself doing that as well, not sure why? Maybe it's an anxious thing?:?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was that music mic'ed right from the jobsite? ;) I'm trying to picture all that happening with a party going on next door.:lol:

haha the party usually goes on inside my head , that would be cool though :p

Great job man! That 46 with 18'' bar is a mean machine:thumbup:

In the first cut you were kinda pulling your saw in and out of the kerf, I noticed myself doing that as well, not sure why? Maybe it's an anxious thing?:?

hey Levi , I find it helps to reduce the bar pinching, you get a better feeling with whats happening and can react faster than if your bars just chilling in the cut.
to be honest i didn't even realise i did it until about a year ago , its just something I've picked up over time. hahaha that 460 is a ripper with that bar i tell ya.

@la becasse I very rarely wear gloves maybe twice a year .... i just can't get on with them

2:00....sharp saw for sure...big wood and very smooth...all the way through the video.

Good stuff. I think I have also read that "sawing" with the bar like that helps keep the kerf cleared out.

Interesting. Guess it's a happy mistake on my part! I agree on the gloves, no bueno for me.

haha the party usually goes on inside my head , that would be cool though :p

hey Levi , I find it helps to reduce the bar pinching, you get a better feeling with whats happening and can react faster than if your bars just chilling in the cut.
to be honest i didn't even realise i did it until about a year ago , its just something I've picked up over time. hahaha that 460 is a ripper with that bar i tell ya.

@la becasse I very rarely wear gloves maybe twice a year .... i just can't get on with them

Great job Jesse, I also find myself doing that with the pushing chain. Makes for better reactions as you say. Instinctive.

Nice balance on those basal cuts.

Cranes sure are powerful :drink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys , it was a pretty straight forward job so nothing to fancy going on in terms of tricky slinging or anything. i just came to cut the trees and left when they were done , all the cleanup was done by another firm.

Back