Rigging your truck unstuck

Not sure I understand what you're doing there. Two straps, and you walk between them, click, click, click...click,click,click... ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure I understand what you're doing there. Two straps, and you walk between them, click, click, click...click,click,click... ?
I just get the first one as tight as I can, then the side pull, then drive. The straps combined with some Digging, airing the tires down, maybe junk under the tires, is enough to get un hung up. A heavy rig with small tires in a big field of sand or mud, it won’t do much good unless you can keep going. But for a hi center or something it works. Note that commercial tires with steel cords in the sidewalls (usually 19.5” and up) cannot be run aired down very much, it will break the steel cords and the tire will fail.

IMG_4009.jpeg

The way I originally heard the story, was a jeep trying to pull out a motor home. Guy came along and had the jeep get to the end of the strap tight and bury the jeep a little…then he hooked on sideways in the middle and pulled the Moho out…with a GTO.

I came across some guys in a muddy lakebed one tim. Two 2500s buried. One v6 1500 to pull them out. I was in a 2wd Tacoma. I think I got the 2500s connected and had the 1500
Pull sideways. He got one 2500
Out and then the two of them got the other.

Do you air down you tires?
Normally, yes. Usually before I get stuck, sometimes after 😆

The desert is bumpy or sandy, both require airing down. How much depends on vehicle weight and tire size. My 1995 2500 Cummins on heavy duty military surplus 39” tires, 10psi.

My 2011 on 35”ish tires, maybe 15 in the rear and 25 in the front

People will say you can’t take a heavy diesel in the sand…stock small tires yeah. A little bigger tires aired down, disconnect antisway bars, some skill and experience…I go all
over.

The main path looked flat, smooth, and compacted. Why drive up on that pile of sand?
For fun…that’s why we went to the dez in the first place. I rarely take the easy route. That’s how I got good at this. If I had aired down first, or if it wasn’t blow sand, or if I had gone faster, it wouldn’t have been a problem. I think I was distracted telling my son something.

Side leverage against rigid line of rope has saved many shituations.
High pulse volume of force concentrated into a small bit of space.
Needs anchors, just make sure the truck is weakest one that gives along length axis of line.
>>cross axis can be weaker anchor.
Have done this in a field for this usage, more that all that sand ! But buried is buried..
Have gotten the mainline so iron bar tight tight, could not bend with secondary(this is actually good),
>>even going around primary w/secondary for like a quick 2/1, so cranked secondary tight;
and used another(3rd) rigid line(and anchor) bent to leverage against the bend line,
to then at even higher amplitude pulse now into the main/target line(3 separate lines).
In all cases , the more iron rigid the line being bent;
the less rubbery response back from perpendicular leverage bending.
>>if at different angle than perpendicular, only the perpendicular part of the angled force gives affect.
Even same principle 'daisy chained' onto it's own self;
just goes on and shows the principle more in depth/at more dimension.
Sweat/Swig and the 2hand pulls into compound system (like 8x output from a standard 5x rig as a branching of DdRT being a 2/1 over self) are some of the most amazing, overlooked, accessible force strategies have found thru tree work. Seen some before in other spotted farm, industry work, but really brought to full light in the rawness of treewerk.

I side- pull line rugularly.

In a manual pull, tying the standing end to an anchor prevents the chunk from going backwards.

Sitting on the line in the middle will do much more than a person pulling down the length of the rope.

i thought crazy was a 'pre-req' ;
and expect to be summarily walked from job day_1,
if don't qualify to expectations?
(git yo'normal azz outta here, we have a standard to maintain please)
True or knot;
i know must be 100% USDA card carrying crazy to love it;
as find self so afflicted.

Back