Rescue scenario.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory, keep your throw line on the bucket like always and move a 'rescue bag' of line, harness, descender, what not off of the truck to a safe zone where it could be retrieved quickly and sent up to the bucket if needed.

This is probably the most feasible approach.

Thanks gents for the input.

Then that leaves no room for the various bare minimum of tools needed up there for the work. But regardless of that, 3/8" of what rope? And if one is wearing a full body harness with rear attachment point, where to tie oneself into, a bowline on a bight?

Here's one good example...plenty more out there.
https://www.copquest.com/cmc-rescue-lifeline-3-8-inch-95-mm_35-1110.htm

Most full arrest harnesses can take a carabiner to the straps up front somewhere. We're talking about an emergency bailout situation...you can figure it out beforehand, make accommodations if need be, and be ready.

Frankly, I do not believe if one wished to do so, one could not figure a way to carry the small bag needed to hold this stuff in ANY bucket. A 2 foot long by 4 inch diameter stuff sack could easily be hung horizontally inside the rim of the smallest bucket. Big enough to hold the line I've mentioned, a biner, and an 8, and provide a padded lean-against in the bargain.

Any bucket baby knows that any kind of rescue bag is going to be a PITA inside the bucket with them. It's true. Maybe ok with a tophandle but once you step up to a big saw, it's pretty cozy in there and you'd be constantly having to shift sh-t around depending on the tree and the setup and whatnot. The large saw and dogs would be constantly getting snagged or jabbing the rescue gear. I always had a throwline in a little bag just clipped on where you clip in your bucket harness, never once used it. To daily have the limited comfort and mobility of a full rescue kit in the bucket? I don't see that happening.

I'd find a place somewhere, but it wouldn't be inside the bucket.

All of this makes me think that perhaps all buckets should have emergency egress gear built into itself? Some type of smartly designed compartment holding the gear?

Just thinking out loud...

What about a self lowering bucket, a wire rope and an automatic brake system. It may dangle a little bit at the start though:D
I love the simple solutions:/:

Any bucket baby knows that any kind of rescue bag is going to be a PITA inside the bucket with them. It's true. Maybe ok with a tophandle but once you step up to a big saw, it's pretty cozy in there and you'd be constantly having to shift sh-t around depending on the tree and the setup and whatnot. The large saw and dogs would be constantly getting snagged or jabbing the rescue gear. I always had a throwline in a little bag just clipped on where you clip in your bucket harness, never once used it. To daily have the limited comfort and mobility of a full rescue kit in the bucket? I don't see that happening.

Agreed. The bucket is 22.5"x22.5". No room for much of anything with a 201 and 576 and op in there.

This was on my FB feed. Seems relevant, apparently a leaky hose dripping on the motor caused the fire. Guy in the bucket had to jump clear breaking hiss foot in the process.

13055329_10206546372400627_5473423227998489998_n.jpg

13102666_10206546375200697_2304347537010431105_n.jpg

Good post for sure, to keep us all aware of what can go wrong.

Back