Removing 3 large tulips video

Maybe he's looking for THIS!

afro-pick-magic.jpg

Haha, sweet fro comb. I used to have a fro in my younger days. It wasn't an afro, though. More of a jewfro. I cut it off when it started dreading up.

Oh Lawdy we bent the pizz out of this one,oh well .

Funny the goofy hair we might all have had .Now the don't have any hair at all weather they can grow any or not .Mr. Clean .:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kenny comes and goes .--And I would not flop that tree exactly like Murph did ,but it wasn't my call .;)

Al,
that's my favorite reply of em all... Gave me a chance to think it over a while.. I AM guessing you would have used a humboldt to drop that last tree.. maybe 15-25º so the but would slide off the front of the stump before the log hit the ground and there would be no chance of the butt sliding back down the hill towards the house... That would have been a good call... I Am so used to the open face, I only use the humboldt when absolutely needed, and that ain't often.. I knew the open face would work... That is what I AM familiar with so that's what I used..

He just said he knew it would work because hes done it befor.
Right?
If u dont have thick skin get out of the tree house .
Hahahaha.
I recon my skin is like leather theeennn.

Al,
I AM guessing you would have used a humboldt to drop that last tree.. maybe 15-25º so the but would slide off the front of the stump before the log hit the ground and there would be no chance of the butt sliding

I've only ever used an under cut a couple of times in my life time .Humbolt,humbug whatever .

I'd have stuck a rope in it,that's simple enough .Like I said though,twasn't my call ;)

I don't care how you flop them.You didn't break any thing so it must be okay ,okay .

OK Al... There were pull lines in all three trees...

And Brian... glad to hear you understand and employ this technique.. Anybody that was paying attention at Arboristsite back in the day should... Apparently some were paying better attention than others :D

Anyhow, its a valuable technique and the concept provides a lot of options for creative problem solving in many rigging situtations. There has been some good conversation on the subject at treebuzz... You all might want to check it out at: http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=187740&an=0&page=0#187740

Hope that helps..

We might have one or two worthy discussions on this forum as well, although we're mostly just a bunch of uneducated hacks who get our tree trimming instruction from the help seminars at Home Depot. Maybe one day we will be worthy of conversing with some of the experts over at TB.
:|:

every reply has links to the treebuzz??

Attachments

• asshole.gif
    asshole.gif
    846 bytes · Views: 70
LOL Brian..
I still remember that post AS, when someone asked a pathology question in the commercial arb forum and you replied.. "don't ask us.. we're just a bunch of dumb tree cutters"... Still makes me laugh...

I really missed you when you left... there'd be so many lame azz comments and I'd think "too bad Brain isn't here to chew this guy up and spit him out"... You really did a good job of that and it served a purpose..

The place really went downhill over the years... Now its full of dumbazzes.. I'd refer you to some links, but wouldn't want to offend anybody..

Anyhow.. you can't say I didn't try.. Good luck with everything..

Now looky here Murf ,you did a nice job filming the thing.

However not everyone will agree with exactly how the disassembley or final take down of the tree was done . Everybody may do things differently ,ya know . Doesn't mean one guys' method is any better than others .

If you put stuff on the net don't expect everyone to jump through their hats and send showers of praise .If you didn't want comments you shouldn't have put the dang thing on the net to begin with .

Now I put a lot of stuff on about engines for example and I don't expect everyone to agree 100 percent of the time with how I might do things . You know there are a lot of different ways to skin the same cat and all of them work .;)

I thought the recyling bin was a good idea for flaking the lowering line into to keep the area around the base of the tree uncluttered with rope that wasn't being used.

Had my guys use my rope bag the other day for end of the lowering line as I was dbl crotched and had no climbline on the ground. Lots of little brush to get ropes caught in there and we were rigging stuff out all day. It worked really well and saved quite a bit of time IMO.

Back