Removal of backyard Ash

RickyTree

TreeHouser
New to the site, go easy on me. I've been told I'm sensitive. Cheers!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oDVfpeOvG6Y?list=UUEacTVso3nFz1EH2mxigguQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Ricky - make yourself at home! Don't be shy to fill out your profile!

Kinda big pieces you were cutting there, eh?

My name is Butch! :rockon:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Butch. Looks like you like em big too!

What was that I saw leaning against the garage? Did you leave the home owner a couple of cookies? :lol:
Nice job. :goodjob:

Those pieces weren't too big. That's how its done! I like.

Thanks Tucker, could you believe that the big green came and looked at the tree and wouldn 't even give a price. They deemed it "unsafe to climb" . HO told me this after the job when I asked about the other prices they got on the job. Was another guy $200 more but sold the guy on the mats and a solid clean up.

Those big companies can be funny about stuff. They take on massive headache jobs from hell, and at the same time refuse straight forward work for bizarre reasons. Your local green outfit may be a short a good climber at the moment and without bucket access they may not have been willing to touch it.

Those big companies can be funny about stuff. They take on massive headache jobs from hell, and at the same time refuse straight forward work for bizarre reasons. Your local green outfit may be a short a good climber at the moment and without bucket access they may not have been willing to touch it.

Man.... You nailed it.... Exactly..Seen them bid city work and had some big wood in it. Left everything on the ground for the vultures and got in trouble not picking up logs and smashed a couple things through a roof, lines, and vehicle windshield. 90 hour plus those fixes..... you got served..

Thinking they couldn't even get a crane to reach. Done a bunch were other guys come in and say they can do the job but have to cut down all the trees in the way to get the bucket or zoom boom back there. Love it when that happens.

Huh, interesting. Generally speaking Davey, being in business for 132 years has the experience and equipment to do pretty much any tree, if not they just call in a crew that can. I dont doubt that yours or another company might have been better suited or qualified, but I find it strange that they didnt even bid on the job. Like I said, in most cases Davey will just quote huge $ and figure it out if it happens, rather than say no.

HO said that the rep stated that the tree was dead and was unsafe to climb and left. They did a tree the other day and beat me on price. They could drive the bucket right beside it and figured they priced out for about $90 an hour.

Wow Ricky you posted that on the Buzz and got some unwarrented flak if I am correct ( a lot of nit picking ), maybe the house is way more realistic most times....I like it here I just don't post as much as at the buzz I just read and " listen "....the buzz does get a bit much with " egos "....but I do like both sites for certain reasons...I just bop and weave through the BS over at the buzz ( they have some good guy/gals there too )....

Hey Swing, I hear ya. Lot better here than there. don't know if it they are rich in attitude or have poor attitudes but I got one word for them....BBBYE!

Hey Ricky settle where ya feel comfortable bro, I ain't got time for the BS either at times but I am just a simple tree guy who gets the job done safely....I am old and I don't do video....I just get on with building my buisness here on the island, so I can deal with the buzz...I understand what you had to deal with, we talked a bit about it so I hope ya settle in here it's quite relaxed...

Thanks Swing. All the best for You and yours this year. Peace be with You and your family.

Thanks Tucker, could you believe that the big green came and looked at the tree and wouldn 't even give a price. They deemed it "unsafe to climb" . HO told me this after the job when I asked about the other prices they got on the job. Was another guy $200 more but sold the guy on the mats and a solid clean up.
Hey Crazy-Ricky sweet job you know that from my comments at that 'other' site... Since we're talking numbers here... What did you bid on the job? And What did you do with the wood?

Wow Ricky you posted that on the Buzz and got some unwarrented flak if I am correct ( a lot of nit picking ), maybe the house is way more realistic most times....I like it here I just don't post as much as at the buzz I just read and " listen "....the buzz does get a bit much with " egos "....but I do like both sites for certain reasons...I just bop and weave through the BS over at the buzz ( they have some good guy/gals there too )....
Good to see you here Swing... Very comforting... I'm new here too, seems like a legit setup here at 'the house'... It's a safe place I think. Good group of dudes Swing, and gals, good gals too, don't want to forget about the gals... We're all people here.

Back