Pull-Out Rope

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 5K
L

Levi

What do you guys think would be the best rope for pulling brush out of the trailer? We keep ripping the jacket off of the double braids we've been using. Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The old climbing ropes can't take it Butch, the double braids at least. We did have a 16 strand that lasted a long time though.

Tri tech would be perfect but yeah, real expensive, dyneema too.

I like the 3strand idea, or 12.

Usually the cover breaks where we tie a bowline to cinch the load so I'm thinking a splice with a shackle will stop that.

Three strand is a good choice. As is true blue. I have an old beat up hank retired to Harding and such that just refuses to die
Old retired arbormaster lines work well as stated. Retired rope keeps earning money like this.

The chocker chain on skidding choker sound good but may be overkill. Our trailer is 16' long and we choke the brush front to back, we'd need about 40' of chain...

We've only broken one rope, just mangled a couple is all. I ordered some twelve strand and am immediately doubting it, I may change to some 5/8s 3strand...

Another approach , Lewis Winch ... Yarn out long way before loading w a slide on the cable. Unload by anchoring winch , put hook in the slider and you can pull whole schmiel off easy w Truck in Park... (I'm an idea man)

I like that but we don't have the best options for anchoring a winch where we dump.

You can have a custom 40' FSE chocker made for a fraction of the cost of rope and will last a long time.
No trees or stumps at the dump try a ground anchor: post and picket, one of those duckbill tree guying things, screw in dog leash deals.

Mount the winch on the trailer tongue, run cable under trailer. Mount pulleys on trailer tail. Cable runs under trailer, back over the tail and back to the choker eye at the front of the trailer. Hook up and winch off like turnbuckle.
Guy up here has a truck set up like that.. shit just rolls right off.

Damn, that is genius, almost like a live bed.

I have some steel winch cable you are welcome to free if you happen to be up my way!

Butch can probably fix your avatar if you ask nicely;)

Back