Pre Employment Drug Testing?

Wow Jay, you really enjoy playing the "What if" thing all the way out, huh? That certainly is an awful lot of assumptions. In real life it's never like that. Just a never ending supply of unmotivated, irresponsible guys with lots of 'personal problems' that have absolutely nothing to do with their recreational drug usage (any drug, booze, pot, whatever). They have driver's license problems, girlfriend problems, money problems, legal problems, more money problems, landlord problems, the list is never ending. But they don't have a drug problem and only use in their free time. This describes 95% of the typical tree work job applicants.

Actually, B, what prompted my post about changing one's ways and allowing a chance for it, were the people in the house that have mentioned changing theirs. It seemed very good examples to me. The other problems that you include, if it is indeed a whole cornucopia like that with certain individuals, it would be difficult to be optimistic.

Assume what you want, Butch. I'm just speaking from personal experience on both sides of the table. Why do you think I was never capable of holding a job for most of my adult life? I've had 2 jobs which I kept longer than a year. I'm self employed because I was incapable of holding on to a job.

Why do you think I was never capable of holding a job for most of my adult life?

So, you were homeless or something? How did you get money to buy your booze?

You'd have been better off smoking weed.

It is a rule in life, what one person has done, there are others that have done it too before, and ones that will also do it after. Almost nothing is unique when it comes to human personality and actions. That applies to the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not talking about the odds here, just the possibilities.

So as an employer I am responsible for healthcare? Safety, yes, but healthcare?

Big drinkers will have days off,Weed smokers DO have personality changes on the job when there habit is calling IMHO

As long as they turn up!!

Back