Powerwash equipment

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Saws are one thing i dont really take care of. Guilty.

Is there any reason, as long as careful around the carb, that i cant wash my saws?

Im tired of all the gunk, mildew, bleh.

I've never "washed" a saw, nor has anyone I've ever known. Airline and screwdriver to winkle out the build up, end of.
Edit mildew? Where?

I use an air hose and it works great. I have a air connect on the back of the bucket truck, you can install one pretty cheap. On hot days you can blow air down the front of your pants and it feels great!

I've washed them plenty of times, just be mindful not to blow water right into the intake or exhaust and give them plenty of time to dry before trying to start them, no biggie.

Never used a pressure washer.
Just de-greaser and a light spray from the garden hose.
Then a quick blast of compressed air to dry things off.

Like SRN, careful not to get water in the exhaust and intake.

Get a big old can of WD-40 and give the poor old saw a good soaking .Then let it sit a tad and blow all the crude off it with air .The solvents of WD-40 will loosen up all kinds of crude and not do harm to the saw .Good stuff has about 999 more uses than the one I just mentioned .

simple green and garden hose...make sure and go full choke so to keep out water in carb if it gets that far when washing...then use air hose for dry

I clean them with compressed air as routine maintaince. For a good cleaning I'll remove covers, guards, etc. and wash everything in the parts washer. Just set the saw on the tray and have at it with a soft brush as the solvent flows.....

Ed

Air compressor and WD40 if necessary...old dental picks for the little tight spots. I'm a bit leery of other solvents because when you blast them with the air it atomises everything and you end up breathing it.
Mine got mildew in Bermuda, doesn't take long if you leave them for a couple days abfter a dirty job...

Back