Pokemon go BS

My dad had very little interest in what I was doing.

To be honest, I don't blame him, it was mostly boring crap. Spider-Man comics, ferrets, football, none of which held any interest for him.

My brother was into tractors, engines and farming in general so they had mutual interests.

Plus If he ever tried to show an interest in my stuff I'd know he was faking so I soon let him know he wasn't welcome in my world.

I've never really thought about it before.

We all got/get along fine though (in my adult life)

People are different.

I'll disagree. Respectfully. Great that you're doing that with your young son like that together. But there are much better things that you could be doing imo. Like just being present in the moment together. You said your son is eight, is he playing this with you on his own phone/device? Would you still do it with him in his teens? Early twenties?

Again, not trying to be disrespectful, but what you and your dad were doing together was much cooler seeming to me.

Heh opinions are like ....... ........everyone's got one. :D

Yeah, muzzleloading is cooler. He uses my phone, when he's with me. We still have, archery, reading, camping, tree climbing etc.
But Pokémon is what is "in the moment" at times.
You know, I imagine Henry Ford's dad giving Young Henry grief for his "horseless carriage" nonsense. The Pokémon app uses real life map technology with imagination. When the silly cartoon faze gets old, some kids will be under the hood of it and beyond in computer science.
I'm sure there will also be no shortage of electric carts with obese-bearded, BO-fumigating twentysomethings on state supplied antidepressants navigating real maps, but written in a virtual language that they can understand as they roll past life in the catatonic haze of chasing the counterfeit. 😀
I don't have to bemoan Pokémon, I only need to show my children reality as well.

That's cool. You seem like a very dedicated parent to me, from your postings on here. I'm sure your children, family, and yourself will see great dividends from that.

I'm just a stick in the mud Pokemon hater. But I'll get over it.

I will say, I take much less exception to a eight year old playing Pokemon than I do to an eighteen year old.

Got nothing against games unless the obsession becomes so extreme that nothing else seems to require your attention. If you are outside where potential dangers lurk, I think it sets a bad precedent to be so focused on something in your hands so that you become oblivious to everything else. Eight years old isn't too young to be told to look up and around once in awhile. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i unplug with my kids.

topsail piercing = hook to face on fishing pier

Yeah, it can happen, MB. People bend their rod tips and hooks in back of them to get momentum before they cast. Not too difficult to catch the hook on something unwanted then, especially when crowded.

4a79ea94a1d5a44c46f35f18fce36343.jpg

Back