placards ..min approach distances

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
so the boom i run doesnt have any of the stickers or placards with the minimum approach distance on it,
id like to suggest them to my supervisor, with a source and cost,

any suggestions for a quick online source?

Have to say, Dave, it's a bit odd reading you mention a "supervisor". It's going to take some getting used to. Hope your family are all well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks jay, fams all good, and i am adapting to not being allowed to think for myself,
but i do thoroughly enjoy turning in vehicle inspection forms with all the required stuff thats missing on the truck
i like that after my days over and ive told my wife the highlights....its over
and then i can just be me

i realize how good my men had it, and what a bunch of spoiled babies they were, if they worked here theyd have a reason to complain

Stepping out into the real world can sometimes be an eye opener. Ideal situations are pretty far and few in-between. More could be ideal, but people blow it.

lets just say this co is a blow it,
i was politely told to not put things like this or the fire extinguisher inside sticker
or the non op strobe light on my drivers reports anymore
then they fabricated a gps report that says my truck didnt move for 3 hrs, when i did take a 1 hr 15 min lunch, my 45 plus my 2 15's all in one shot
cant explain how angry i was when i left work

thats what you get for trying to be high speed, now i only bring my spurs, belt rope and handsaw to work..

It sure seems like there are some other issues going on there besides what is best to have a good atmosphere for the most safe and productive work, and keeping good employees on a firm footing by giving them the respect that they deserve. Myself, I've been out of the employment loop a long time, so maybe I forgot that there are power trips and other insecurities going on at a lot of companies. Still, if it might be a little helpful to offer you some encouragement, making the move you did because seeking a better situation for yourself and your family is a brave and honorable thing. Not without some trepidation it seems, but you are a powerful and highly skilled guy that will make things go well for yourself. Gombatte kudasai! (Some encouragement wish in a foreign tongue)

thanks jay, i went in today and my time card was gone, the supervisor said he was going to have a meeting with ownership about me because i dont stick to his protocoll, yet none is given...like hey trim the palms to 10 and 2 instead of him just saying trim the palms, and then getting mad that i did 9 and 3 on 26 trees before he showed up......so as i left i told him airborne lead the way, its the only thing i could utter that wouldnt be considered out of line
im supposed to go in in the morning to find out if i still have a job, but i dont think i want to work there, i mean seriously a co that tells you not to report vehicle defects ....ok well only the major things. so windshield washers and strobe lights apparently arent supposed to work..just like stickers for fire extinguishers locations dont matter...just like min approach distances...its time to go because i feel like jumping him in his cubicle where theres no where to run, but ive got to be bigger than this fool

i tell ya going back to work for someone else is a trip, but i enjoyed my day helping my kids with schoolwork..a lot, went to the chiropractor and talked to a few tree co's
and ive had a lot more up days than down, so i will keep looking and consider it an exercise in humility........jim morrison said it...strange days have found us

and we agreed it was time to go this morning, mutually agreable, we'll see what my check says....little do they know i copy the time cards and figure the deductions on my own to keep from being screwed.

Best of luck with the next company Dave. After working for several non paying and non caring bosses I have made it a personal goal to see that all are happy and everything is attended to. Some people just don't give a shit.

Most of the big companies make their money by sucking it out of their employees. Best of luck finding a worthwhile outfit, Dave. You deserve it.

thanks, i feel like ive been paroled,
when i got my check there was one groundie there who was let go, as well as 1 landscaper/groundie......apparently the full time groundie said the super got in his face and was yelling at him and he lost it, took off his co shirt and said outside, , he said within 2 mins the place was crawling with cops....this co has issues, the secretary told me...he is the one that needs to go.

my papaerwork had some false statements on it about me, so i added a sheet of papper to it, and that was quickly taken by the bosses wife right back to my super, who went on a smack talking tirade, about how cpr 1st aid and ariel rescue arent even requirements of the job, theyre luxuries, and its a clasic example of a know it all trying to ...i walked away at that point

i wanted to be clear and truthful, because someone is going to get hurt, and at least i did all i could in my power to stop that

one of the groundies fb'd me and said he was now climbing 30 ft palms, up and down, trimming them...and he has a few months on the ground...wow

like i said happy to be free, and the rents paid...so i went to the park with my kids and plan on relaxing this weekend

i smell contract climbing in the future..just enough to pay the rent

It is amazing that companies like that stay in business... what a shit show. You are a good man Dave, hopefully the next step gets you closer to where you want to be.

Sounds like you are in a good place now, onto a better one.

Back