Options For Manually Moving Material?

I like the plate extension tabs and could use some robust fenders on mine but for now I'll accept some tire rub to avoid steel bloat when it's time to pick up the picker-upper myself. Odd how the basic cart design is so universal.

Ever seen soccer played with cars? You gave me the idea of baseball played with excavators. Monetize that video.
my dad had the idea to take a truck and the excavator down to our back field when it snows, hook a chain between the trucks hitch and the excavator bucket, put the truck in 4 low first gear and let it idle spinning all 4, then spin the truck in the worlds slowest donut with the excavator

my dad had the idea to take a truck and the excavator down to our back field when it snows, hook a chain between the trucks hitch and the excavator bucket, put the truck in 4 low first gear and let it idle spinning all 4, then spin the truck in the worlds slowest donut with the excavator
This from the guy who can't be trusted to hook up a trailer properly? What could possibly go wrong?
:P;)

Speaking of, what size wheel/tire did you use on that, Raj? They look about like the R4s that were on the front of my 1025r when I bought it.

The tires you see aren’t the one on it now. I went with a foam filled turf pattern. Good floatation but I did sink them last week trying to pull a huge oak log. I’m guessing 4000-4500 lbs the mini barely got the end up to get it on the dolly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I just ordered a JetSled in lg. That's what Sherrill sells, so it indicated that was the size to go, and it was almost half what the xl cost. Bigger's better, but if you can't move it when full, it isn't that useful. $57 on amazon. I'm still interested in other options, and still really looking at the ArborTrolley, but in the meantime, this'll get some work done for me for not a lot of money.

Now... Winches. What companies should I be looking at for capstan winches?

Plastic 55 gallon drum maybe, perhaps with wood screwed to it to force it into shape? Polyethylene and super thick.

Portable winch seems to make a good product. I'll know for sure soon enough, ok, when budget allows. They also recently released a new model with some nice upgrades.

Norwood sawmills has a set up that's for the three point hitch on a tractor, and uses the power beyond from the tractor to run it. It's very strong, even with the tractor at idle, from what I've seen. The Logfather on YouTube has about the best video on them I've found. It's also about $1500 which is actually a decent price. I plan on getting one some day, but the above mentioned portable winch will be first. Without special permits on top of commercial permits, I can't take my tractor to the woods.

There's a few companies that build capstan winches and power packs that are intended for utility type work, like lifting manhole covers and pulling wire and such, but they get really pricy really fast.

Where I've been "micro logging" for the last year, the forest is doghair thick, every tree limblocked on every side kinda thing. You cut it off the stump and nothing moves kinda thing. Gotta grab the butt of the tree and yard it off the stump and pull it out of it's neighbors. I've burned up a couple harbor freight winches, and you need more reach than they provide. So, saving pennies for a portable winch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, so Portable Winch is the trademark name, and the models are PCWxxxx? I've seen them around a lot online, but I didn't realize that was the name. They could have picked something less generic :^D The Honda motors got my attention.

You are correct sir. As far as picking a less generic name, they're Quebecoise, and the French are weird. Probably sounds way better in frog talk.

Back