Opinions on diesel trucks

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 5K
It's nice because it looks clean. I'd imagine if your neighbors bitched you can build a aluminum structure around it, with tarp sides and act like there's nothing inside. :)

Easier to stay nice with the neighbors though.

round here they just tell the planning dept
then all hell breaks loose and a couple cars of state ass holes comes in , writes a whole bunch of fines and wastes a whole bunch of your time till you go out of business
and the chp will stop your rigs and just generally make you regret trying and wish you'd been on welfare all your life
canada must be nice

sorry this is tree guy # 2 since i met the planning dept long ago

There are areas in the cities where I'm sure there's by-laws or whatever. That's why you won't catch me living there.

It's nice because it looks clean. I'd imagine if your neighbors bitched you can build a aluminum structure around it, with tarp sides and act like there's nothing inside. :)

Easier to stay nice with the neighbors though.
:)I take no chances with the neighbors, if you look close at the picture I back my trailer through that 7 ft high garage door and keep it inside when I'm not working. My wife keeps her mini-van in the other bay and my truck has to stay outside.

Willard

i was looking at dan gibson's dodge 4x4 mid 90's 6cyl 24 valve cummings 250 k mi for 5 grand
newer service body and rack

the motor still got plenty of life, and the trucks good, p'rolly some nickle and dime stuff in the future

hell the cummings in my chipper has over 8k hours on it, and it's still lugging on along

it's all about how it's been maintained

sotc , :PI got plans this winter for that little sissy powerbarrow. Gonna weld up a bunk rack for it to replace the dump skip tray when I need to move oversized logs. Keep the skip tray in the back of the pickup and have it ready when I need to move stump chips. One lynch pin and they come off.
The rack will be 1 1/4" steel tubing with the front stakes folding down to the ground. These front stakes are now a ramp so I can winch a 4' long up to 800 lb log up onto the barrow's bunk with a winch mounted at the back of the bunk. [Cable goes over and under log and hooks back up at winch, then winch pulls log up ramp stakes onto bunk].
This winter I'm also gonna make my trailer's chip box roof flip up and down at the back with the hinge at the front.From 4' high down to 7' high when up. Then with a 54" wide door at the back of the chip box I can drive that powerbarrow with the 800 lb log up my stump grinder ramp and dump it inside. Same goes for hauling stump chips with the skip tray, run it up and dump inside.
I'll post pictures through the project.

Willard:)

Attachments

• Husqvarna 272XP 002.jpg
    Husqvarna 272XP 002.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 3
The two most important attributes of a work truck are proven reliability and excellent product support (parts and service availability). A brand new, inexpensive, foreign brand offers neither. Perhaps in time it may, but I would never be a guinea pig for a new brand if my livelihood depended on it.

brand new

New to the US...they've been around the rest of the world for a good while now, so I wouldn't feel like too much of a guinea pig, but I agree with you on the parts and service availability thing.

sotc , :PI got plans this winter for that little sissy powerbarrow. Gonna weld up a bunk rack for it to replace the dump skip tray when I need to move oversized logs. Keep the skip tray in the back of the pickup and have it ready when I need to move stump chips. One lynch pin and they come off.
The rack will be 1 1/4" steel tubing with the front stakes folding down to the ground. These front stakes are now a ramp so I can winch a 4' long up to 800 lb log up onto the barrow's bunk with a winch mounted at the back of the bunk. [Cable goes over and under log and hooks back up at winch, then winch pulls log up ramp stakes onto bunk].
This winter I'm also gonna make my trailer's chip box roof flip up and down at the back with the hinge at the front.From 4' high down to 7' high when up. Then with a 54" wide door at the back of the chip box I can drive that powerbarrow with the 800 lb log up my stump grinder ramp and dump it inside. Same goes for hauling stump chips with the skip tray, run it up and dump inside.
I'll post pictures through the project.

Willard:)

You better! I even want to see more of that trailer set up. That's pretty sweet.

Back