On The Water

Well with a Hobie Island you can break it down in a few minutes and use it as a standard Kayak.

Another thing with a Kayak you can access shallow rivers,like we have in my area.

Offshore, shallow rivers, lakes, paddle, peddle or sail best of all worlds, and last but not least stealth, no noisy outboard..

Burn, what do you include in your spicy rub? John loves Tuna cooked that way.

Gigi, for a couple of nice sized ahi steaks:

2 Tbs dried rosemary, somewhat chopped
1 Tbs coarse cracked black pepper
1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, depends on how hot you want it
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp dry chopped oregano leaves
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder

Gigi does all that fish you guys catch get eaten?

My friend is a fisherman and they can alot of their fish. Put it in jars with a bit of water and then put it in a pressure cooker...

A good way to freeze fish is to put it in a milk carton and fill it up to the top with water before freezing. No exposure to air, the fish tastes better, and probably can be frozen longer without damage.

I used to do that with the salmon I caught out of Bodega Bay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gigi does all that fish you guys catch get eaten?

My friend is a fisherman and they can alot of their fish. Put it in jars with a bit of water and then put it in a pressure cooker...

We only keep what John or our guys will eat. We don't freeze any...John won't eat frozen fish. He is spoiled by the availability of fresh fish here.

Not freezing, canning. But I sure wouldn't eat any stored fish if I had an endless supply of fresh, thats for sure.

Hard enough here to even get good sushi which is odd seeing as how we have local access to all kinds of fresh fish...

I can say it now, I have been to the hump off Marathon. A spectacular place. 23 miles off shore, where one minute you are in 1200 feet of water then the next, 150 feet of water. The rip over the hump is really rough and the amount of fish on the fish finder is amazing.
Birds were crashing on the bait, boats dashing towards them, it was like a zoo out there. Very cool. Mostly black fin tuna being caught.

had a day on the water myself yesterday

Attachments

• 100_3596.jpg
    100_3596.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_3594.jpg
    100_3594.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 5
Your "crew" has a beautiful smile, Lee!
We were out for about 5 hours yesterday. John did well, shooting a grouper and 3 hog fish.

Attachments

• PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 30
Your "crew" has a beautiful smile, Lee!
We were out for about 5 hours yesterday. John did well, shooting a grouper and 3 hog fish.

Nice fish V my crew with the nice smile, caught our only fish of the day a nice little bass just slightly under size....:(:)

Gigi,

I'm really enjoying your thread. This is the first time I've gotten to check it out properly....wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many pix for dialup. Very cool. I'm on page two...I"ll check out the rest at lunchtime!

You DO live a good life! :)

I thought you'd upgraded your connection, Che!

I have, Butch. That's why I can finally check out some of these threads. I was looking at pictures from the rotator (I used to get to see one or two at a time) and saw a picture of Gigi dressed all in pink....remembered that I wanted to see THIS thread.

BUT....I still take quite a while to read/ruminate so it still takes time. :D

I just came in from the garden....taking a short break....wouldn't have been worthwhile to even log on before.

Love it.

Back