Ocean polyester

cory

Tree House enthusiast
Anyone have feedback on this type of hitch cord? Lately I've been using tenex which performs pretty well and is cheap but doesn't last well. My climber tried the OP and says it is amazing....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ocean poly

Anyone have feedback on this type of hitch cord? Lately I've been using tenex which performs pretty well and is cheap but doesn't last well. My climber tried the OP and says it is amazing....

Yes, I've been using mine for about a year, switched from icetail.
I like it just fine, it is stiffer than the others, takes a little to break in got to watch your VT for a while till it gets a little more grabby, but it is just fine with my XTC fire. It doesn't show any wear yet.

Yes, I switched from icetail, had my OP for about a year now.
Its a bit stiffer than the others, takes a little while to break in. Got to watch your VT a little closer until it gets nice and grabby. Its working just fine on my XTC Fire, and is not showing any wear yet, nice close tight weave. I like it!

Bermy's report matches what I've experienced. I can add that if sales of spliced hitch cords are any indication, across the country people are liking OP vs the other best hitch cords (which I consider to be 5/16 Beeline, HRC, Samson Ice...in that order).

I like that I don't have to coat the eyes when I splice it. It finishes nice and clean.

love
nick

Mine has the splices whipped, and the eyes are nice and tight and clean and have not elongated at all, mind you I'm a feather weight!

Thankyou for the feedback, Imma order some tomorrow.

Yes, I switched from icetail, had my OP for about a year now.
Its a bit stiffer than the others, takes a little while to break in. Got to watch your VT a little closer until it gets nice and grabby. Its working just fine on my XTC Fire, and is not showing any wear yet, nice close tight weave. I like it!

If you wish for a better response from a hitch cord like OP all through it's life, spliced eyes are counter-productive...much as I like Nick's work :). With tied eyes, you can start out with longer tails at the fisherman's knots and keep the hitch cord super short...you'll have to tend it less. As it wears in, adjust the knots out a little to a longer overall hitch cord length and get the better action from it you achieve with that broken in feel.

Still use Beeline most of the time, and sometimes HRC, but I climbed for six days on OP just a week ago SRT with the rope wrench and it performed quite well (Michoacan on Poison Hi-vy).

Burnham,
I achieve the same result in either beeline or OP spliced eye2eyes by squeaking another (6th wrap) into my friction knot (Michoacan) when it is new, so it is super tight though it makes it just a tad grabby.
By the second to third work climb it has settled in and I then go back to just 5 wraps and it is great for the remainder of the time.

I like the OP cordage, seems like it would be stiff if it were spliced. I've got a few that have the grizzly stitching so no splice bury to deal with. I like the 10mm with a 3/3 VT on velocity or blaze, smooth setup.

jp:D

The spliced 8mm OP is better than the stitched version. The stitched version is clunky. Splice is smooth and pretty.

(yes, I know I'm biased)

I posted two responses to this thread and they disappeared.

Wassupwitdat?

I was wondering the same thing!! Now I see that because I edited "polyester" to "poly" in the thread title, it caused probs.

Anyway, thanks again for the responses, all.

Back