oberg files

skippysphins

TreeHouser
Hi everyone
I'm new to this site . I am in search of any nos oberg double beveled square chisel files. Pm me with sales or info on oberg files for sale .
Ty
Chris

O.k. Ty: Where do you live? Why do you want them? Just asking... wouldn't mind a few of them myself. Maybe we can persuade them to start fabbing them out again. :lol:

Jed, if you write them, you may want to start putting the little umlaut thingie in place: Öberg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm in the Poconos of Pennsylvania . I hand file chains . I want them as I'm told they are the best files for doing square ground.
Ty
Chris

Yup. I made indirect contact with a primary line years ago over by Canadensis and got lit up good. That's as close as my career took me to Mt Pocono.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where in Canadensis I lived there all my life . minus military for 4 years

Jed, Ty is "Thank you" for what it's worth.

Thanks Reddog! I'm nearly illiterate as Stig confirmed in the next post.

Stig: I ain't got a Danish computer. You got skills man. How'd you throw that up? So the umlaut designates a long O sound?

Chris: I handfile square too. My guess it that the Swiss made Stihl, hex files are as good as you're ever going to get new. Let us know how you make out.

Yes, Sean. I learned several lessons that day. I was not in good hands at that company to say the least. It was a bad taste of line clearance.

Jed, I can't remember what the keyboard on an American computer looks like, but on mine I can press ¨ and then O and it turns into Ö
Which isn't a Danish letter BTW, our version looks like this: Ø

Well as far as an Oberg file ,little dots over the O or not I have no idea where you would find one .I use a six sided file I got from Baileys to square file .The only time I do that is trying to make a race chain which is seldom .

I've got maybe 24-26 1/4" round Obergs I landed from flea bay of 3 dozen to do what little I have of 1/2" chipper used on gear drive antiques.I've never worn one out for the simple reason the gear drives are just a conversation piece .Nobody in their right mind would use them for anything but that .

Stig: Good stuff. My keyboard doesn't have one though. :( As a kindergartner learning to read, I was always perplexed by why English didn't have a similar convention to designate which vowel sound to make from a given vowel so that you didn't make an ass of yourself in front of the teacher.

I: "Why don't they put something so that you'd know?"

She: "You're supposed to know it from context."

I: "What if you don't though?" She: "That's what school's for." Etc, etc, etc.

I will try the Stihl ones Jed thanks.
Chris

Yeah, try em' man. I find it works really well to just barely graze the tie-strap with the flat part of the triangle as you're making the downward stroke through the chisel. Also: Try ramming a wedge between the chain and guide-bar on the bottom to stiffen the chain up in the top of the bar grove. Helps tons.

Well as far as an Oberg file ,little dots over the O or not I have no idea where you would find one .I use a six sided file I got from Baileys to square file .The only time I do that is trying to make a race chain which is seldom .

I've got maybe 24-26 1/4" round Obergs I landed from flea bay of 3 dozen to do what little I have of 1/2" chipper used on gear drive antiques.I've never worn one out for the simple reason the gear drives are just a conversation piece .Nobody in their right mind would use them for anything but that .

Ever soak your old files in vinegar, Al? Works a charm.

Stig: Good stuff. My keyboard doesn't have one though. :(

Yes it does, you just have to know where to find it. Ö ö

Character_Map_Vista.png

Back