O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Re-Rail (is that a word?)

Received today...150' lime green 11.5mm Tachyon, with an eye splice, so I can finally ditch the termination knot on my HC setup.

First smaller diameter rope, looking forward to trying it out. Hope the HRC transitions well to it from my old XTC.
Might actually cut my XTC even shorter to use for little tree climbing, its 95 now, maybe 70 or so...

I just bought 80ft of XTC with a stitched eye. I have been using it for most trees lately and I kind of like the stitched eye. The is the first time using XTC as a climbing line and I like it.

I had Tachyon a few ropes ago and I was not a huge fan. It looks like you and I are going in opposite directions. I am switching from the smaller diameter lines and going back to 1/2".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Almost forgot, with the excitement of doing my first splice. :D
Brown Santa stopped by yesterday, got these at a price I just couldn't refuse..... ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7969 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_7969 - Copy.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 43
Don't forget about imori.. 12mm and real easy on the hands. I did the 1/2" down to 11mm and came back. 12mm imori is just right.

Don't forget about imori.. 12mm and real easy on the hands. I did the 1/2" down to 11mm and came back. 12mm imori is just right.

How does it do with foot and hand ascenders? HH?

I've been considering it myself.

I've been on Poison Hyvee for a long time. Now they have the Poison Ivy/ Hyvee Calamine. Much brighter. I'm thinking of going with it.

How does it do with foot and hand ascenders? HH?

I've been considering it myself.

I've been on Poison Hyvee for a long time. Now they have the Poison Ivy/ Hyvee Calamine. Much brighter. I'm thinking of going with it.

It runs great with ascenders and any mechanical gear I have. For the HH, pick up some HRC for cordage. 6 wraps.

I used to climb on blue moon which is the same as PI. I liked it a lot. The imori is also by Yale and a very similar rope at a just slightly larger diameter.

Picked up some Imori a couple months ago, love the stuff. Way nicer in the hand than Tachyon, easy to splice, and it's so bright it gave my coworker a migraine.

Got a box from Brown Santa(UPS)Monday. :D
Nick spliced me up some gear that'll help me out with my tree work this summer.
Usaver and a Rigsaver, lookin' forward to "putting 'em to work"..... :yes:
He threw in a bunch of "extra stuff" too..... :thumbup: ;)

Thanks again Nick!!! :greenjumpers:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8047 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8047 - Copy.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8049 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8049 - Copy.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 53
X Rings got my attention, and then I realized, wait that’s not stock!!! Very nice!

Is the short length of orange rope with throw line and a steel ring, a new XRR and block retriever?

All custom spliced by Nick, he did a great job! :thumbup:
I believe he sent the rope along to show the hitch he used for the retrieval ring..... ;)
maybe he'll jump in to confirm or deny..... :D

That is my old detachable footloop, figured on passing it on. The ring is to retrieve the savers from choked configuration. The extra rope was just to show how to hitch it on as Randy assumed.

That is my old detachable footloop, figured on passing it on. The ring is to retrieve the savers from choked configuration. The extra rope was just to show how to hitch it on as Randy assumed.

Nick,
Thanks for jumping in to confirm that I did remember all of what you said, sometimes my memory ain't so good.....:|:
I'm looking at whip-lock videos to try and finish up the ring/ring FS I made. :D
Seems like most all of them show just the end of rope whip-lock..... :?

Back