O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Nice V, now all we need is a pic of you at the controls.

Is that an extenda hoe ma'am? Those hoses sure look like it, I think you need a temp worker to come down for a couple weeks, in the future.... probably a Mississippian!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
did some shopping today, too bad I dont get to keep much of it. Silky rocks! :)

Hey Boss. they arent all for me. The pile is all sold except thw two blades and one zubat. those are for the storage bin, in case I get another order. :) My zuabt lasts me a year at least also and I bet it gets used less than yours!

found a smushed package today in the mailbox, carefully sliced the top open and found an inviting sight... then pulled the gear out and yahoo! its the stuff from the one and only, NickfromWI (now CA). thanks Nick, the stuff looks great and the splices are super crisp.

No pressure from my end, Nick, but do you have a guess when that Poison Ivy splice might make it's way to your workbench? I'm looking forward to it when you have the time.

Just finished it today, Burn...it'll hit the mail tomorrow morn...you should have it this week (my guess)

love
nick

Whooohooo!! Thanks, Nick. I'll take comparison pics of your work alongside the replacement Sherrill sent me and put them up in the Autopsy thread.

660 with full wrap and arctic kit. I love heated handles. Brand spanking new today. 36" 3/8 so I can interchange with my 460's.
:D

you have a decent shop local Sqhishy? or do you come to the big smoke for those tools?

I have a decent saw shop locally. Been dealing there for on fifteen years now. It chaned owners about eight years ago but still pretty good Savoy Equipment in Vernon. As I'm walking out the door today the owner tells me that they're starting to carry arborist equipment now because of the demand. I'm like WTF? I'm thinking this is not such a good thing. They've got a nice line-up of Buck spurs and some biners and a few lines and stuff. I hope this doesn't mean that we're getting flooded with new guys just like myself.
:D

Squish. lotsa demand? hm. I have heard there is lots of work in the interior, Kelowna way and all, not too much word abot your locale. you ever hear of a saw shop in clearwater? there was a guy on arboristsite a few years ago had amod shop up there.

No I don't get up that way much. Kelowna is like 20-25 minutes away but clearwater is like 2 21/2 hrs so ya there's lots of work but lots of new guys like me around too. I don't really care at this point I'm as busy as I need to be I actually need to get caught up right now I'm about two weeks behind but only go 3 or 4 days a week.

Squish. a good friend of mine, firefighter in westbank, his hall had almost all guys saying they wanted me to come up to prune their fruit trees this winter. sounds like there is a pile of work up that way for someone who knows their stuff and prunes well.

Ya I mean I don't want people to flock here but I'm local and know alot of people. All my work is word of mouth zero advertising no name or number on my trucks. People ask me why I don't have a name or number and I tell them when I run out of work then I will advertise. I have everything from pruning basically bushes to removals lined up right now. It was so busy this spring that I heard no one was doing quote anymore. Call me to come do it and I'll bill ya otherwise not interested is how it went for most of this spring.

nice saw a bit bigger than any of my 8 saws. all husky but 2 of um

IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

The Sherrill is just a background to compare the two, size reference...

Surefire E1 and U2 :)

Back