O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Congrats mick, nothing better than some new iron in the fleet.

Pete, nice vid. What's up with that truck, is a chip truck and log loader as well?

Just to update this thought a bit. They said $135 plus $25 for the 'double strapped' which gives you heavier double straps stitched all the way around bag. Shipping is to be at cost, Fedex - somehow that got up to $88 for two bags.

Standard bags are 36 inches cubed. They can do custom sizes.

I'm not yet convinced to buy one, I like the idea.... but it seems it would be difficult to pile in (or dump out) any branches longer than 3' in a monstabag. Do you use a monstabag in conjunction with a HD tarp as well? Do you use BMG Scoops, Merle?

Congrats mick, nothing better than some new iron in the fleet.

Pete, nice vid. What's up with that truck, is a chip truck and log loader as well?

Yes, 18 tonne gross cab over with a rear mount Palfinger crane and rotating grapple, and a side tip chip box that holds 20 cubic metres.

One day Peter, you'll have to tell us all about the frankenchipper.

I'll start a thread. Proper men in sheds stuff.

Nice chipper, Mick.

Merle, have you seen Carl's scoop video?

I think that with some set-ups, it would be a good tool to have. With a dump trailer, not having to be concerned about debris in with tree pieces, a great tool, from the looks of it.

New scoops might be updated. Someone (FJR-Fred????) custom fabbed a quicker connect set-up.

Yes have seen scoop video Sean. Not thinking I need those at this time.

Where I am I can get rid of clean chips easy, firewood material pretty easy, but mix things and it gets harder quickly and costs more. I wanted to do a quick run to a close dump a while back and half a pick-up load of sawdust, and rakings in the rain came in at 1300 lbs and cost $64.

I'm not yet convinced to buy one, I like the idea.... but it seems it would be difficult to pile in (or dump out) any branches longer than 3' in a monstabag. Do you use a monstabag in conjunction with a HD tarp as well? Do you use BMG Scoops, Merle?
Yeah, wouldn't be good for that. We use it to load stump grinding or wood that needs cut and carried etc. The guys dump into the bag and fly into the truck as needed

Yeah you are right Sean. We modded the setup on the scoops to connect them quicker. The original pins bent very quickly and were a little bit of a pita.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

You can turn them three times before resharpening. Tbh it's the only company that use them, and have done for well over 20 years.
They do have an issue under certain circumstances i.e. Large brushy leylandii, with a dull blade/anvil combo in the high summer when it's full of sap can cause a blockage of the pipe. In winter it's no issue.
I have the 55hp older version, chips good!

Yeah you are right Sean. We modded the setup on the scoops to connect them quicker. The original pins bent very quickly and were a little bit of a pita.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

Where is this video?

Found it!

610779f36e36840353734da875d179f4.jpg

Slight change of plan, I went up to Brittany (a French department) to see a guy I know off Arbtalk who had just bought the same machine. We gave it a good workout and I was neither underwhelmed nor overwhelmed just whelmed.
On the way back I got a phone call from the rep for Forst wood chippers who wanted to demo the ST8, was insistent that it was no bother even though I explained I was ready to sign for the Greenmech.
So on Wednesday he brought it up and we ran it through its paces. I loved it! Even though it has the same engine it seemed faster and more aggressive.
Price was only a little more so I'm going for this beauty.
Here's a video I found of it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSgnAn1F6s0

Good move not buying a machine that merely whelms you.

Looks like an aggressive machine in the vid. Are the roads smaller over there or why is it one rarely sees e.g. a brush bandit 12'' or bigger chipper being used?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QSgnAn1F6s0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back