O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Picked up a tilt deck today, it'll become my stump trailer. Got tired of ramps.

506f21f3a0f0963ad2881d75c1e765cb.jpg

Also the father of inventions.

Pretty buzy MF that laziness.

It's a Hobbs device, forerunner and counterpart to a GCRS. It allows a groundie to fairly quickly and easily put a lot of pretension on rope which can make things easier in certain situations. And it can be used as a winch.

For all the pines you do right now, with so much negative rigging, I'd prefer the Hobbs, too.

Can you even buy the KK device any more? If you could, is the Hobbs really that much better? And why? Don't they do the exact same thing?

Not knocking the Hobbs..... Just wondering since I've never used either.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can you even buy the KK device any more? If you could, is the Hobbs really that much better? And why? Don't they do the exact same thing?

Not knocking the Hobbs..... Just wondering since I've never used either.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Less of a learning curve. Better fair leads. No bearings on kk. Bollard flat okk kk tapered on Hobbs. Better lifting capacity.
KK is more versitle in friction adjustment....
KK is not made anymore, but can be found used.

KK is out of business. The Hobbes is more refined. My KK sees little use because of the learning curve. I'm hoping to jump straight into a grcs so when I do there will a a slightly used KK on the market

GRCS will eventually find a home here with asuch rigging as we do. Had two speed lines going yesterday with two climbers. Then gin poles. Double gin pole today due to the drift and LZ. Load sharing. Same line. KK handled it fine. Hobbs will be deployed tomorrow on a lift, tip and drift set up with the Kk on the control line. Fun stuff.

I wonder what an average person reading this ^ post would think? Would they be just scratching their heads wondering what language is being spoken.

Back