O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

You Americans should zoom in on the front fender badge. Lol.

It's not imported but that's how they sell trucks up here on the prairies.

Also in the background in case anyone is wondering, that's all smoke thanks to you Americans too. From the big fire near the border in Washington.

Thanks, still pinching myself. I won the classified lottery on this one. While the guy held it for me on our agreed upon price another fellow offered him $1100 more and the guy held true to his word with me. He sold it well under value for whatever reason? Hopefully no reason I find out about! The previous owner was hugely OCD.

Thanks all. The worst part is I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to get a out of province safety inspection. Government money grabbing BS. Can't insure it until it passes.

I knew it was a good sign when the seller includes two extra oil filters and a spare drain plug with the truck. As well as a set of brand new 17" rims for winter tires that have never had rubber on them.

Me either. This guy was a full nutbar. An example, in the interior he covered the carpet with vinyl that he custom cut himself, than installed weather tech floormats, followed by the factory superduty mats. Everything on this truck is extra protected, clean, and custom. In the pics you can see some of it with flares/mudflap set up. He went crazy on the suspension and brakes too.

Cool deal Squish, he'd be appalled at my care of a truck. I maintain them but I work them, no babied rigs.

Can't see the emblem...

So do I lol. I looked it up online and the only conclusion I could come to was that this Alberta dealership where it was originally purchased bought a bunch of those emblems and fitted them to some trucks to inspire the albertan cowboys to purchase. I told my wife it should earn her some cred in her team roping circles. Lol.

That reminds me of that HD pickup.

08_hd_sd_ag.jpg

I worked in a car dealership for awhile.
Often, when a manufacturer call a model "Texas" or "Biarittz" and add a few extras like leather seats, moon roof or something it's to move out a body shape/shell that they have a glut of or are looking to discontinue.
In Texas they'll call that model the Montana or something equally exotic!
I would be front page of my local paper if I drove round town in that over here. (Mind you it would struggle to fit down many roads!)

Willie...hit control key and plus key together. To zoom...make screen larger. Control minus to return...more u hit plus zee bigger it gets.

Nice truck, Squish.

What is that term you have for tricked out diesel 4x4 trucks that you see in the tar sands country where all the grunts make big bucks?? Is that what you have now or would it have to be more rad, less dealer options. And of course it would need they high warning flag thingy to be totally legit, right??

Nice truck, Squish.

What is that term you have for tricked out diesel 4x4 trucks that you see in the tar sands country where all the grunts make big bucks?? Is that what you have now or would it have to be more rad, less dealer options. And of course it would need they high warning flag thingy to be totally legit, right??

Rig pigs. This one maybe borderline. It would need a lift and bigger tires, definetly need to be a oil burner. Maybe some stickers and more lights like big LED light bars. The kayak racks I'll be putting on it wouldn't fly either.

It'll be very handy for us for hauling horses, hay, and general farm duties. I'm good with the gas because the mileage savings of a diesel would never add up for me. This truck won't see a whole lot of miles, we have a very fuel efficient car for general running around and commuting.

Thanks again, it'll be nice for me to have a truck that isn't just going to get trashed for work use. Atleast not right now anyways.

Feel like I owe Paul a commission. One of my buddies said the 20s radio had way more distance. Guys have been dying for these, tomorrow they get them!

452e9e38d148cee0dc8e34f92223544e.jpg

Back