O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Has a 100 amp box. I need to add a plug for my welder, but that's not a big deal, I haven't moved the welder there yet anyways!

The building is part of an industrial site, if I need more space in the future I could change buildings (~500k-700k sq feet available currently). At this point, having 2k sq feet is amazing, coming from essentially nothing.

Haha the place is for sale for 7 or 8 million! I would like to get a much larger shop in the future, but that'll take time to grow into it. Hopefully between the two companies it'll be easier to justify. I've gotta get over the growing pain$ from the new lift first! As I figure out how to keep it busy, paying for it will be easy.

I have a meeting week after next with the sales rep for Nifty about becoming a dealer for them. It's looking promising, and the lift is amazing.

I don't think you'll have any problems growing into that space.:lol: Not having a shop really, really sucks. We've never had one here at the farm. Always in the mud/snow/cold/heat/rain trying to do stuff.:X

Treestuff is my go to.... Placed an order there this morning actually. I won $500 from Sherrill so I had to spend it. It's all stuff that I wouldn't have bought normally. Kind of like Christmas for adults.

I would have accepted that $500 sherrill tree credit.

EDIT: from you or someone else I knew.

Nice looking mower!

I bought a Hypertherm Powermax 45 and a 5hp, 60 gallon compressor (Ingersoll Rand) for the shop. Installed a 30 amp service to the compressor and a 40amp to the 220 outlet for the plasma/welder. The 220 outlet is 33' of 6 gauge, 13' of 10 gauge for the compressor. The shop only has a 100 amp box, and I only have half the shop. :lol:
image.jpg

Carl, it says right in the manual not to run that compressor on the shipping pallet! Oh, wait, our new one is still on the pallet.:/: We got the 5 hp two stage 80 gallon from TSC. Much nicer than the old single stage. I looked at trying to rent part of a shop for my sawmill about a year and a half ago. I forget exactly how much juice they had. I think it was 1,000 amps of 480v. They were a big flooring outfit, had a lot of machinery.

Peter, is that an articulating mower? Does it occillate?

Haha indeed it does! I wonder why?

The 80 gallon at my TSC was a 7.5hp, should be around 34-35 amps on the data plate. That combined with the plasma and lighting would be getting powerfully close to capacity. Also it was $2100 vs $700. I see the 5hp 80 gallon on their website.

I could, but I am trying to be mindful of sinking money into a rental. Trying to be able to take as much as possible with me when the time comes.

Even with a 200 amp box, I wouldn't have ponied up for the 7.5hp/80 gallon at this point... three times the cost with no (current) added value.

Peter, is that an articulating mower? Does it occillate?

Haha indeed it does! I wonder why?

The 80 gallon at my TSC was a 7.5hp, should be around 34-35 amps on the data plate. That combined with the plasma and lighting would be getting powerfully close to capacity. Also it was $2100 vs $700. I see the 5hp 80 gallon on their website.

Yes, I like machines that bend in the middle. It's the homeowner model though, cable steering so it's a bit heavy.

Nice looking mower!

I bought a Hypertherm Powermax 45 and a 5hp, 60 gallon compressor (Ingersoll Rand) for the shop. Installed a 30 amp service to the compressor and a 40amp to the 220 outlet for the plasma/welder. The 220 outlet is 33' of 6 gauge, 13' of 10 gauge for the compressor. The shop only has a 100 amp box, and I only have half the shop. :lol:
View attachment 60577

Get an air/water separator and a line drier your plasma will be happier.

Back