O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

You could almost certainly sell a new 200T sometime in the future with little risk of loss, should you not need it for some reason.

I am considering getting the last 2 at my saw shop. I have 3 brand new now. But like Brian the future doesn't look pretty, with regards to the climbing saw anyway.

Same story here, bermy.
Which is why I import most of my gear from the US.

US for most kit is great, but some of the European equipment I like they don't carry.
Been looking for the orange no spill combi can (Husqvarna one with green spouts) I can get one here for $81AUD, might get one, they are the BEST gas/oil can out there!
Despite seeing them on Euro shop sites for less, the postage is a killer, the same with XS chainsaw trousers and size 37 chainsaw boots...cost around $200-$250 in Europe, but by the time they get here...wowser, some places want 100 pounds postage!

So you'll just have to come visit and carry a shitload of gear home.:)

Transatlantic postage sucks, big time.
I used to buy lots of stuff in the US, untill they stopped class 4 mail( surface shipped mail).

Since then I have found that buying big and having a whole pallet (1½ tons ) of stuff shipped every 2-3 years is the best way to go.

Last time we bought 1000 Greenteeth, which was $10,000 cheaper than getting them here!!!!
That way the $1500 we paid for shipping, didn't hurt so much.

Wish I could help you with the combi can, but like you say, by the time I ship it out to you, it'll cost more than bying it locally.

I REALLY like those, too!

I'm having a pallet shipped out from Bailey's tomorrow, matter of fact.
10 rolls of 3/8 chain, 20 bars, 22 dozen hardhead wedges + lots of other stuff to keep us going for the next 2-3 years.

Unfortunately this doesn't work so well for a small one woman outfit.

For real Stig...and a small, one small woman outfit at that! Try sourcing XS ANYTHING!

Its a shame on prices, it is the same in Bermuda, I'd love to buy local (and do for smaller items), but when the markup is too high, then we just have to go with the economics.

Yes, about enough for four guys logging for 3 years.
Plus I sell some to other loggers, who have come to realize that you don't get e better wedge than Hardheads.
I'm the only guy who imports them.

Here is todays new piece of gear:

Stihl new littlest pro saw, the MS 241c.
Being a c-model, it is completely computer controlled, no tuning needed.
It is probably meant to replace the MS200, but unlike the MS200 this one can be bought with an Arctic package, an important thing in this country ( I imagine Fiona couldn't care less:lol:)

It has the same low end torque and lack of high revs that the 441c has. Takes a while getting used to.

We put an 8 hole rim on the 441c to take advantage of that low end torque.
With a full comp chain and an 18" bar, that thing really goes through hardwood smoothly:)
P1010170.JPG P1010169.JPG P1010171.JPG P1010172.JPG

Picked up a new wedge driver. I've really come to like a short handled axe.
ae6be5d8-a396-243e.jpg

A 346 is a saw that is well worth a look. Light, fast, and nimble

My local Husky/Jonsered dealer is a complete asshole!

So no matter how good swedish saws may be, I'll stick to Stihl.

Which is why I don't even bother to read about the new swedish models.

Changing brand and constantly having to keep on my toes, so I won't get screwed every time I have need of a saw shop, is not on the agenda.

I've dealt with my Stihl dealer for 20 some years and he has always been fast,honest and fair.

Maybe I just possess super human strength but I see no use for a saw that small myself. A 361 suffices fine for a in the tree jump up from a 200 and on the ground I'll reach for a 460 before a 361 anyday.

I've never gotten the tiny rearhandled saw thing myself.

I do think it's super cool how you(Stig) get to constantly try out all the latest/new models of Stihl though. I'm definetly envious.

It will be fantastic for x-mas trees.
Also what we are doing right now ( except today we got an order for logging doug fir:)) is taking unwanted maples ( invasive species) out of young beeck cultures.
That means cutting 2-5 inch trees all day, in a place where the beech trees stand so close together that using a weedeater with a saw blade is not going to work.

This saw works great for that.

As for trying all the new saws out, have you heard the term " folie a deux"?

When two gear nerds like Richard and me start a company together ............................................:D

Back