Notchless Felling?

Ol' Doug Dent had a saying that I heard more times than I needed to remember it..."There's a tree up on the hill that has your number, that knows your name. You can never know which one it is. That tree will kick your ass bad, maybe kill you, if you don't treat every one like it's THAT one."

notchless felling is for when you DON'T need the control a hinge offers... even a micro-hinge (let's not go there)... LOL

that said I do not use the trunk flare as holding wood... though I have heard of it... which I thought was crazy at the time, but maybe not..

Let's go it two more.. notchless rigging and notchless wrecking... lots of advantages.. lately on removals, I make three+ cuts without, for every notch/undercut... it ads up fast... and its safer when done properly..

Its really a new paradigm...

Nick... are you ready for that?

Ol' Doug Dent had a saying that I heard more times than I needed to remember it..."There's a tree up on the hill that has your number, that knows your name. You can never know which one it is. That tree will kick your ass bad, maybe kill you, if you don't treat every one like it's THAT one."

Good words Mr B, I've seen lots of folks leave construction jobs in an ambulance over the last 50 plus yrs. Some self inflicted, and some victims also. Awareness pays dividends.

I've done huge amounts of notchless felling. Hundreds of trees a day usually. Are you ready to have your little mind blown Murph...? I could show you my notchless felling technique and you'd curse all the hard work and effort you'd put in over the years. Open your mind dude, come out of the box.

maxresdefault.jpg

Notchless felling video of European treework in urban environments. Keep up Murphy.. I know this might be a little to out of the box for you...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hl5NFCbDxBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ed, how come you guys don't use saw heads on your machines? Im curious. The pinch style cutter head seems to ruin the wood. Is it not common to preserve saw logs? Im curious. Teach me.

Tuck, 99% of machines over here will use big chainsaw head processors. The shear type machines are used predominantly in biomass recovery and landclearing work. you can shear ALAP without concern for the chain, and hold the piece upright.

Ed, that was an awesome vid, thanks for posting. Liebherr makes some nice equipment, das German engineering.

Dusted off the video camera today Nick... got some notchless rigging... Are you ready?

That's like saying you have vid of wood being cut with a chainsaw, it happens all day every day. Like MB said, the topic is felling.

Back