No Ethanol Gas Source List

No such thing as 'pure' gas, Butch. But ethanol is a horrible and even unacceptable additive for many applications. Airplanes are prohibited from running ethanol fuel because it absorbs moisture and will cause the plane to quit running once it sucks enough water into the motor. It does the same thing with chainsaws but nobody dies when your chainsaw quits, so it's ok.

I buy it at pacific pride. 25 gallons at a time. My saws, splitter, boxer, mower, aerator etc all get clean fuel

Nothing near me. I wonder if we could run avgas in the chainsaws? Anybody know if 100LL would be bad for the saws? We park at an airport, so its right there.

Nothing near me. I wonder if we could run avgas in the chainsaws? Anybody know if 100LL would be bad for the saws? We park at an airport, so its right there.

Heres some pacific pride locations near Orlando, you near there? Might be worth checking

Willie, all the gas stations get their gas from the same distributors. There's a huge distributor in Taft (south Orlando) which supplies all the gas for the Orlando area. It all has ethanol. The only non ethanol gas available is on the coast, mostly at marinas.
I've been looking for years and haven't found anything in the Orlando area. The nearest public non ethanol pump is about 30 miles away.

I have some 30 gallon, roll around tanks I use, would be worth the occasional 30 mile trip to fill something like that up.
Brett, there are more locations on their website

It's all I've run for years.

Someone told me avgas had additives that were bad for two strokes.

Lead is the only additive. It's not "necessary" for a 2-stroke, but isn't going to hurt it, either.

I'm not so sure it's all that tough on the engine but it sure plays a number on seals and carb parts that are made of the material called buna n /nitril . While this material will hold up very well to petrolium based oils and fuels it doesn't do exceptionaly well with alcohol .

Tid bit : The "E-85" designed auto engines use a different type sealing o-ring among other components on their fuel injectors as the normal components will not survive that amount of alcohol in the fuel for very long .

The saving grace on that is the fact that so far E-85 has not gained in popularity .At least not in these parts .

Back