new 70cc saw?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had a 461 for all of last season. It's been a good saw, imo it doesn't really pull like a 460/046 but my judgement could be skewed from having run a couple of modded ones.

Squish, I modded a 46 this winter and it cuts like a 66. That being said it has small issues that I need to resolve like a seeping gas tank that I epoxied and this week the muffler that I widened the port on broke around the screw holes due to the material I removed:/: . I have always been able to get er done but feel like my saws are the weak link right now. Silly to roll with $300k of iron and not have a kick ass saw.

If I had time I would just mod some more of my dud 46s but no time around here.

The 461 is a great saw & an improvement on the 460. Ran one for a few days without issues & was impressed with the power. The anti-vibes are much better, but not as good as the 441.
I run a 441c - great limbing & cutting saw, but does not have the same power in the big cuts as the 461

I'll second this.
The 461 is growing on me, but after my 441c got repaired after it's little mishap, I find myself preferring that again.
If I want pulling power for felling, I grab the new 661.
When logging big stuff I always use 2 saws anyway. I hate limbing and doing small bucks with a falling saw.

PC I know you ask for 70cc husky. But you may want to look at the 046 460 replacement = 461

Dolmar 7910 would definitely be my choice, if I were buying a new saw. Great power and AV, easy to work on, reliable, and less expensive than Stihl or Husky.

Its only a 30" all they had at the shop after a co worker bent my 28" seems to pull it alright. I liked the 28" better.

I run a 32" bar on my 440 all the time, it pulls it fine never a problem

42" bar on my 660 ;) ;)

Squish, I modded a 46 this winter and it cuts like a 66. That being said it has small issues that I need to resolve like a seeping gas tank that I epoxied and this week the muffler that I widened the port on broke around the screw holes due to the material I removed:/: . I have always been able to get er done but feel like my saws are the weak link right now. Silly to roll with $300k of iron and not have a kick ass saw.

If I had time I would just mod some more of my dud 46s but no time around here.

What'd you do to it? Only the muff mod?

Just to stir the pot I'll add in the 390xp smooth and powerful 36" all day 42" on occasion and with a 28" it will thunder through the wood.

Did anyone mention the Dolmar 7910? You can get a brand new one, ported, for less than $1000...

Further, once you've run a well modded saw it makes the argument of which new model is better than which a moot point. The best Saw in any size class is a modded one.

There is no comparison.

Please explain how a Dolmar 7910 will fall apart. I'd like to see some actual evidence of that.

I haven't seen or read about it either, but dealers and service is very scattered/fragmented on most markets.

Another obsevation is that the 7910 no longer has the power to weight advantage the earlier 7900 had, over the competition (Husky, Stihl, Jonsered).

I doubt anyone notice any difference in performance between 7900 and 7910. I haven't so far...
But I go by saws performance rather than manuals texts...

About them falling apart...
That is just BS.
Example! I have two now that are out daily cutting oversize wood in a job that demanded one 576 every 3 months and one of them is going on 4 years, the other 7900 is going on two years without replacing anything in engine! Bars, rims, chains, clutch bearing and some antivibes one the older, no clutch bearing on the newer yet.
Thy run same fuel and bar oil as they did with huskys. I get a present every year as I save them a bunch of bucks!
If they want more now they will sadly enough have to be blue.

I liked the blue ones. My first ported saw back in the day. Pulled a 32" like no tomorrow rip cutting. 6401 with 7901 topend.

I did go to the updated black covers when they came out. I seen the grey are updated now too. Pre-filter built in.

PC there is a gooooood Dolmar Echo Jonsered dealer on my website if you need a price on saws, parts etc. He takes care of our needs big time. He just sent me 116dl 81dl chain and bunch of other stuff that was unreal priced IMO.

He has in Heated Handle 5105H and 6400H too.

Large selection of Dolmar power equipment in stock. We have the largest inventory of parts and equipment in stock that you will find anywhere with the best prices.
Dolmar equipment that we have in stock includes:
PS-32
PS-35
PS-351
PS-421
PS-510
PS-5105
PS-5105H
PS-6100
PS-6100W
PS-6400
PS-6400W
PS-6400H
PS-7910
PS-7910W
and can custom build a PS-7910H on request.

Trimmers in stock:
MS-245.4
MS-245.4U
MS-246.4
CS-246.4
MS-335.4
MS-261
MS-27

Polesaws, Water pump, Concrete Saw, Blower
PC-7414
PC-6114
ME-246.4
MP-352.4
PB-251.4

We also stock Echo and Jonsered chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, pole saws.
Come check us out or give us a call for any of your outdoor power equipment needs. We carry some of the best brands in the industry at the some of the best prices you will find anywhere. Fast shipping on in stock parts and units. Over 100 different bars in stock up to 36". 26 different models of chainsaws, 15 different trimmers

Wide range of parts in stock from.
Total Super Bar(Tsumara)
Oregon Forestry
Oregon OPE
Forester brand
Amsoil
Stens
Tecomec
Mako
Briggs
Kohler
Carlton bars and chain
Columbia
MTD
Honda engines and parts

10% off total bars right now with site code.

When I logged, we got a bunch of 7900's. They were awesome. But rattled apart constantly. They got tossed within 6 months. That's my only evidence. Personal experience.

I just tapped open the exhaust outlet on the muffler of my 461, seems to have made a bit of difference...
Nice saw to have when I need more grunt.

Are modded saws louder than stock? I was around a modded 372 and it was retarded loud and the cutting speed wasn't jaw dropping. Then again it wasn't modded by a pro.

Back