New 372s

The Low jet is turned virtually as far ccw as it will go, just a tiny bit more ccw and the screw stops.

Just readjust, all you have to do is push in the ring around the screw and you can turn it out further.
Or to remove them just push the ring in and take the needle out and the ring comes right off.

Guy on my site says this which goes with reddog. Never had one of these new ones yet to know.

660magnum
I have one of these. You push the ring around the needle valve in with a scribe or point and turn the screw all you want.

You can take the screw out and the ring can be trimmed to remove the tab and everything replaced.

372XTcarb_zpsbb0627a1.gif

Out with limiters and set the saws so they run.
It is your dealers job to get the saws going right, not just remove cardboard.
Take them back and show him there is a issue so he gets a chance to learn as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, the L speed jet is closed all the way ccw and the saw still runs the same. So I guess removing limiters would be a good idea, but...is it hard to do? There, I said it. I'm sure I could figure it out but I don't have alot of time lately to settle down with it. And something tells me the dealer will say they can't take them off cuz of warranty or whatever.

On another note, cut4fun said don't use the compression release when starting, it'll start much better. I wasn't thrilled about the concept of having to pull harder to start it since the whole point here was difficult starting messing up my elbow. Well, I tried it today, I was amazed when the saw started after the cord pulled out about 1/4 of its length, instead of the normal 4-6 full length pulls. Very Impressive Mr cut4fun!

On removing the 372XP L and H-speed restrictors or limiters, they have to be cut off. Just remove the air filter look for the white plastic tabs that stick out below the adjustment screw slot head and slice them off with a Xacto knife, very easy to do.
The restrictors prevent the screws from shutting off tight, even though you think they are when the screws stop turning clockwise.

BTW it's clockwise to close with a right turn, not CCW [counter clockwise or anti clockwise.]

On removing the 372XP L and H-speed restrictors or limiters, they have to be cut off. Just remove the air filter look for the white plastic tabs that stick out below the adjustment screw slot head and slice them off with a Xacto knife, very easy to do.
The restrictors prevent the screws from shutting off tight, even though you think they are when the screws stop turning clockwise.

BTW it's clockwise to close with a right turn, not CCW [counter clockwise or anti clockwise.]
Before anyone corrects me, let me say my 2006 372XP's H & L screws that I'm used to, are different from the newer style Corey's has.

I have a 2001 or so 372xp and a 2008 372xp and I've noticed less power all together in the newer one, so if I trim the h and l I'll get my umph back in the new one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have the exact answer to your question but I will say for a means of perspective, my 2012 372s run with identical high end power as the earlier models.

Back