My ms200t...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't need the money. I've sold my gear once before and regretted it.

I won't make that mistake again.

My 200 and 066 runs top notch!

I will never sell my gear.

Yessir...with you all the way, Butch.

I'm deeply entrenched in retirement at this point, but I still have climbing gear that ran into the tens of thousands of dollars of original costs, carefully stored and regularly inspected. I use a small portion of it once in a while, here on our property, and rarely for hire or for contracting back to the feds as an instructor.

Mostly, I just get pleasure from still having it, and being able to tell myself that if the need arises, I can handle it, no matter what it might be.

Same with saws...200, 200T, 361, 044, 064. There are damn few felling or bucking situations I would be unable to satisfactorily address, though the likelihood I'll need to is small. But knowing I could makes me happy, a good enough reason to keep the gear, prepped and ready to go.

So far, I don't doubt my own ability to match the equipment's capabilities. When that inevitably happens, I suppose I'll need to reevaluate :).

My grandfather got up from the table one evening when we were watching wrestling and went to the barn. He had broken a hip the year before and was moving around pretty well.

Thirty mins later or so he came back in and had a big smile on his face, by that time I was pretty worried, he had left without a word.

He had gone to the barn and caught his horse, Bill, who was in the horse pasture. Took him into the box stall, put a saddle and bridle on him and got up on him.

He then got right back off, un saddled him and walked back to the house. He said he just wanted to see if he still could, had no intention of riding again, but wanted to know he still could.

Keep yer gear!

Kinda... my experience with Netree taught me to be wary of that.

It's just a low paying, easy job. Lucky I don't have any serious bills to deal with.

FWIW, I enjoy it very much. :)

My biggest regret is that all my skill and experience is being set on the back burner.

Kinda a waste, IMO.

Such is Life!

My grandfather got up from the table one evening when we were watching wrestling and went to the barn. He had broken a hip the year before and was moving around pretty well.

Thirty mins later or so he came back in and had a big smile on his face, by that time I was pretty worried, he had left without a word.

He had gone to the barn and caught his horse, Bill, who was in the horse pasture. Took him into the box stall, put a saddle and bridle on him and got up on him.

He then got right back off, un saddled him and walked back to the house. He said he just wanted to see if he still could, had no intention of riding again, but wanted to know he still could.

Keep yer gear!

I like that story, Jim.

I don't fight hard any more for the same reason Mick doesn't play soccer. Healing up after getting hurt simply takes too long. The last two ribs I broke cost me about 3 grand in misssed income.

I'll still spar around with people I know can control their killer instinct and occasionally kick someone in the head, to to see if I still can.

Actually, for a nearly 60 year old, my kicks aren't all that bad.

joshinkan_ 20150223_IMG_2014.JPG

You got the crazy eyes too. And that's most important for combat!

One of the things I'm enjoying about being out of treework is my excessive energy that I have now for doing other things. Im setting my sights on team roping now and enjoying riding with a little more reckless abandon then I may have when my whole business/income was based on me being able to work at a high level daily.

My grandfather got up from the table one evening when we were watching wrestling and went to the barn.

Gaha, great story indeed. I do the same thing frequently when watching or reading about mma, go in the garage and do pullups, lol.

One of the things I'm enjoying about being out of treework is my excessive energy that I have now for doing other things. Im setting my sights on team roping now and enjoying riding with a little more reckless abandon then I may have when my whole business/income was based on me being able to work at a high level daily.

Yup, that high daily level for tree work can pretty much rules a guy's life.

Why don't you do a lil sidework, make some kesh, keep your hand in it.

Whose them new kids Jim?

I watched Pampero Firpo (wild man from africa), The Sheik, Andre (the giant), and Bobo Brazil... 'course all in B&W, there was only one color TV in the neighborhood at the time and it wasn't ours...

Junkyard Dog, FreeBirds, Tony Atlas, Dick Murdoch...

Still ain't selling my gear. :drink:

Back