My first tree tool purchases - 2010

arborlicious

TreeHouser
Sunday afternoon cleaning out old paper work and found a pile of receipts from 2010 when I first got into tree work.

I was staying with friends in Auckland NZ who needed a tree removed – a willow approx. 20cm DBH. Went out and bought a Silky Gomtaro (I still use it but have replaced the blade many times). Had an old Sala? harness but no rope so bought some static line from local outdoors store too. Removed all the foliage to leave a stick and then put the notch/scarf in using the hand saw. Left the back cut for the next day...

Bought my first new harness 13-Apr-2010 a Tree Austria Duo 3. Great harness apart from waist strap always loosening. Now retired.

Climbing spurs from Wesspur 15-Apr-2010. Buckingham titanium with cast aluminium pads. Still going strong.

First chainsaw was a Stihl MS260 which doesn't get used too much now. Was great when I did lots of palm removals but there aren't many palms in the areas I work now.

The prices haven't changed much except for the chainsaw. A new Stihl MS262 costs almost $1,500 in Oz, i.e. about 30% more than 5 years ago.

...back to work tomorrow

Back