MS201T

Fess up Adam ,you won't be able to contain yourself .Before a month is over I'd about bet you delve into some soup for it .--old habits never die ---;)

Lol! Hard to resist pulling one apart. My guys like em so far after a morning of.tree pruning,and I'm blown away how quiet they are!

Gonna run a couple new race saws this weekend. I'll try and make a comparison video of the 200 and 201 be kinda interesting....

I think you got like 90 days warranty for commercial use. Just don't think about ,you can hold off for 90 days before it gets to you .;)

Did you have to pry off caps on the hi/lo to adjust them? That's how mine are, and they take a tiny allen wrench not a carb screwdriver.

Mine have traditional screw driver H & L adjustment and just about a full turn possible on both high and low. The high speed will cause the saw to "4 stroke" when backed out and it turns up real high if leaned out. Kinda surprising for an EPA saw so the strato must really clean up the emissions if they allow so much adjustment

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 201 has a rod that limits the screw from turning out.

You have to drill it out, easy peasy, 1/8" bit I think, tad bigger maybe. Can get a pic if ya need it.

flat head slot.

Here's a pic from ass site. see where that small hole is...that's where the pin gets drilled so you can screw the adjuster out more. Another pic of the hole drilled in the exhaust.

IMG8088-M.jpg

IMG8093-M.jpg

Wow, my 2 201s that both had bad carbs replaced and seemed ok thereafter; I used one of them almost exclusively since then and it has been stalling at idle way too much as of the last 4-6 weeks (I know, way too long to put up with that, but I did) Couldnt adjust it out of it. So I used the other one to cut brush for about 1/2 hour a few days ago and it ran well, so I figured I would start using it full time in the bucket. Piece of garb goes to high idle next day in the bucket, high as in half way to full throttle, just ridiculous. Stayed that way all day. I really should have dropped it from 75' and filmed it, I doubt the dealer can do anything with it.

It is a bit challenging to be in the wood cutting business and not have wood cutting tools that work cuz they've been anti pollution engineered into uselessness.

It's true what is said about change, the only thing constant is change. Used to be, all I needed to mow down what needed it was an Aerial Lift of CT, a Husky 372, and a 0200. Well, 2 of those three are now extinct, and of course the talk of making the 372 go away has been around for a few years now. I'm trying to make do with "new and improved" now.

Sheesh.

Here I thought you were posting your opinion of my modded saw I let you try.

Bummer your saws really suck.

I have not been able to keep current on this 201 verses the 200 as to which one is the best saw. The 201 has been out for awhile now . Those of you that have one how do you like it???? The first ones out on the market had problems but according to some those problems have been fixed and it is supposedly is a good saw. I still haven't gotten one because I am on the diehard 200 side of the fence and probaly will be for some time to come.

There is a thread over at the Buzz covering this same topic. The OP is saying that the 201 is as good a saw as the 200 maybe even better. The replies don't jive with his review. There are too many negative replies verses positive ones.

Modded its a pretty good saw. I still feel like the chain speed is down vs the 200. But that could be perception. I havent timed any cuts.

I think there is, perhaps, an inconsistency in saws. The two I have used were very strong, although they did not feel as aggressive, they cut well & were very smooth. Much like using a 441 after a 440

In my avatar, I'm using a 200 with a 16" bar. There's no way I'd attempt that cut with a 201.

If you don't have to cut anything big, the 201 is an OK saw.

This seemed to be somewhat informative. I would still like a comparison cut. Click on it.

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/471103252920858"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/471103252920858" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="960" height="540"></embed></object>

The video is interesting and makes its point about the gov, but I'm guessing it's not coincidence they didn't let that 200 take a bite of that log.

Back