MS201T

Get to try out some Stratocharged saws in the work environment , ms362 and ms201. not a big fan of the added complexity of the linkage,etc but perhaps they will hold together ok.

Were you able to change anything about your tool/saws security or could the same thing happen again next week?:X

They fence the freakin saws for a dime on a dollar .Most times you never see the things again .It's damn near impossible to keep the things unless you have a big mean dog or a woman like mine with a broom ---and a double barrel 410 .;)

Leaving the big saws in my garage at home (two dogs) and probably gonna do the same for all my climbers saws/climbing gear,etc till i figure out a secure storage arrangement at our equipment yard. Any ideas? im stumped....

Well my little bud Tom parks a majority of his saws at my place during the off season because where he lives is the hood .

Few people know where they are at . Fewer people would try to rip off somebody in the country knowing full well they stand a good chance of getting a load of buckshot in the azz for their troubles .

As to the question especially where your business is at I have no idea .I have a carbide shackled lock on my shed but even that could not foil a plasma cutter .

pain in the ass to bring everything home daily 8 guys but probably the safest bet for now...

Well I mean ya gotta do what you gotta do .Poor ole Tom got peeled twice in a row a few years ago .Fact he operated for about a month using my saws rather than turn in two massive thefts in a row of stolen saws .Well he knew full well the insurance company would drop him if he did .Plus it was early in the season so he had to make some money before he could replace them .

Kinda funny ,the 200T you gave me which I souped ,an 038 mag souped,an 038 Av plus a few old 10 series Macs allowed the old boy to get er done until he got back on his feet again .Old saws never die ,they just rest on a shelf until you need them .

In my going on 40 yrs owning saws ,I have never had one stolen. And I have always lived in a high B & E neighborhood.
Only advice I can give is take care of your saws like family.

I can guarantee that the thief is either a former or current employee. Nobody else will know your setup and security measures well enough to attempt it.

Leaving the big saws in my garage at home (two dogs) and probably gonna do the same for all my climbers saws/climbing gear,etc till i figure out a secure storage arrangement at our equipment yard.

Ha, just yesterday I was thinking of the storage container idea for myself, but your experience makes me lose confidence.:(

Wow Aclarke, I feel for you. All that equipment in the photo looks new. The plasma cutter seems a giveaway too. Would anyone go to that trouble without knowing what was in there?

I think those were the new,replaced saws in the photo?

A plasma cutter is extreme and normally out of the realm of the average crack whore thief .They usually use a crowbar or a bolt cutter they stole from some place else .

I've burned through 11/2" cast iron before with a plasma cutter and they make much larger than the rig I was using .I suppose though they could steal a plasma cutter just like they pinch chainsaws .

Fact they could even snatch the pick up to haul it around plus the generater to run it all in one fell swoop

A plasma cutter is extreme and normally out of the realm of the average crack whore thief .They usually use a crowbar or a bolt cutter they stole from some place else .

Yeah, the plasma cutter and the jumping of the bucket without stealing it too seems odd.

There's been a rash of tree yard and construction site thefts the last few months. Same MO, ironically the stihl dealer we bought the saws from had his storage container broke into and cleaned out. He got video and license plate number but the cops couldnt find the perps.
Found a cool surveillance camera that takes a snap shop of any movement and sends a pic to your cell phone within 40 seconds. Gonna research that system....

Yeah, the plasma cutter and the jumping of the bucket without stealing it too seems odd.
Except stealing a bucket truck and puttsing around in the middle of the night would be as obvious as joy ridding in the Oscar Meyer weiner mobile at o dark thirty .

That's some mission impossible type stuff. You'd think someone who could hotwire the lift, have a plasma, and provide enough juice to run that plasma would be going after something more than saws. Talk about wasted talent..

If you're looking into those wildlife type cameras they're sweet. I've put one of the IR ones up and it takes great pics and stores them on a compact flash card. One that'll send it to your phone is sweet.

As far as how to secure your stuff... damn man if they're willing to plasma I guess I'd booby trap that shiz. Electricity comes to mind.... other than that you can do like they did in "The Wire" and move the saw stash around so less and less people know where it is..

Fake gun turrets might deter a bit too. :)

Well yeah you could get medevil with them if you caught them or booby trap the place .Sounds good but it would get you a trip to the cross bones hotel if somebody got injured ,or dies as a result .

Found a cool surveillance camera that takes a snap shop of any movement and sends a pic to your cell phone within 40 seconds. Gonna research that system....
My buddy has that setup. While sitting on the beach in Mexico last winter with him, he pulls out his cell phone and checks out his house and yard back in Manitoba.
Stark contrast when he showed me , 30 below with 2 feet of snow and 95 in the sun where we were sitting tipping back our Coronas.:)

Ran the 201 for a while this morning. The high speed and low speed adjustment seem to actually have enough adjustment to make a difference. Pulled the spark arrester and no real noise or tuning difference. Seem to run good in.the smaller limbs, good speed and nice balance. In bigger wood there seems to be a lack of torque compared to the 200t. All in all not bad, kinda sceptical of the higher Hp claim

Back