MS201T

Well as for that hot 201 we'll just see where the cards fall on that thing .I might just get a chance this spring to see if it can hold up to the super bee 200T .;)--Smitherized---

I just read that Stihl has released a replacement carby for faulty 201T's, not many dealers know it yet.

Explains why there are so many differing opinions of them I guess, so don't chuck them out just yet.

I don't know what it is with Stihl and carbs here of late .Geeze they used Walbros for years and then they must have thought they cut a fat hog in the arse by going to Zama .I'm thinking as usual the CPA's are running the freakin design and have say so over the engineering staff or so it doth appear .Hum bug .

I would Brendon, if it is deemed a safety issue they sometimes can replace them under a recall/upgrade warranty. Some 046's had a idle problem going from horizontal to vertical and that is how it was handled. If you came in complaining they updated the carb no mater what the age of the saw.

Wow, I bought a new climbing saw yesterday, used it a fair amount today both climbing and in the bucket, and......... IT WORKED!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! Will miracles never cease?????

Husky 338, decent all the way around- power, speed, starting, idling, ergonomics.

Doom on the 201. Bad products/services opens the door to competitors.

Signed, One of the World's Biggest 0200 Fans:cry:

The AS fella is a good guy for sure. It really is dead easy to modify the muffler and pull the carb limiter. When done the 201T is a totally different saw IMO. Very good throttle response after. It is a pita that you have to do this to a 600 dollar saw when it is new to get it to run like it should though.

If somebody would just come out with a decent aftermarket P and C for the 200 they might run almost forever .Aside from a few that fell out of a tree and broke like Humpty Dumpty most others cooked the top ends .A damned OEM P and C for those things is half the price of the saw .

I for one do not see Stihl getting off this new design .The only thing possibley would be if some other brand produced something that would sweep the tide in arborist types saws .Then again they're stubborn rascals so that probabley wouldn't do it either .

Cory, drill a hole in that muffler and let her breath, you will be further impressed...

Paul, can you give some details on that? Like, where and how big? I haven't removed the muffler screen yet but presume that is a good idea too?

Yeah Cory, the muffler screen is a given. Just imagine the muffler being pressurized and the hot air is trying to escape through the tiny muffler hole. Just enlarge the hole so the pressure can get out easier, without aiming it towards heat sensitive parts such as plastic covers.

Don't forget that you'll need to re-tune the saw afterwards, Cory. I don't know the Huskys, but on a Stihl, you'd have to nip off the ears on the needle limiters to be able to do so adequately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory,

If you want I'll let you smell the box of a new 200T. :)

No Orange saws in my trucks! Give it a couple weeks until it starts zapping you :|:. Do they still have that design, with the spark plug at the back?

Yeah but the cover is bolted on now, not snapped on.

How bout I give you 2 nearly new, still shiny, 201s for 1 new but severely outdated 0200??;)

Don't forget that you'll need to re-tune the saw afterwards, Cory. I don't know the Huskys, but on a Stihl, you'd have to nip off the ears on the needle limiters to be able to do so adequately.

Fair enough, Burn.

Both saws I bought new, they took off the shelf, fueled it, fit the chain in the shop and handed it to me. Both times I asked "wheres the box" they said it didnt come with a box, that it was shipped unassembled in one but it wasnt for the customer. Here I am walking out of the dealership with this saw on my shoulder.

I knew that was crap... they do come in boxes dont they?

I don't know chit from shinola about a 201 because I've never seen one let alone turned a wrench on one .However on a 200T you open that muffler up and let that little race horse breathe it comes alive in grand style .

Rule number one on any engine ,it takes fuel to make power .If it can't breathe it can't get out ,if it can't get out it can't get in .

Back