MS201T

Have they finally gotten around to offering it with the Arctic package?

I don't see it's use climbing or cutting from a bucket imo. I move from a tophandle to a much larger saw.

On the ground? I can't see myself grabbing it. I never use a tophandle on the ground and always run a bigger saw than that.

Update for me on my 201 it's been running ok, mine's no 200t though that's for sure. It takes forever to warm up in the winter here it seems, espescially if you're not running it steady. Once warmed up it's an ok starter no better than my 200's one pull does it. The hesitation I described before is still there I haven't done any modifications besides pulling the muffler screen.

Stig I haven't seen or heard of any arctic kit tophandle saws. None of my 200ts are and they all deal with the cold fine. Heated handle would be sweet though, It might encourage two handing too.

I was thinking of the long handle model.
The lack of heated handles is what have kept the pros from buying the predecessor here.
I know some people have tried it out for cutting x-mas trees, but frooze their fingers too much, when the trees are snowcovered.

I have this analytical mind that keeps turning eternally .I can't help but wonder with this problem of slow on the trigger deal until full warmed on this design of engine .

Perhaps it's due to the fact the fresh air blowdown charge does not enter the crankcase and therefore is cold in comparison if perhaps this slows them down a tad from operating up to par until they get warmed .No matter I suppose because I'd have no idea how to solve the problem .

I was just going to post the same point, Greg. The 200 manual says to shift it at effing 50 degrees F. That's not cold at all.

I don't have any idea if the 201 has the same recommendation, though.

So the C model...that's a computer chip controlled model?? Different than the other 201's we've been discussing?

The 201 c-e is what their website calls it, I really don't know if there is a diference.

The shutter operation recommendation is the same for the 201....I honestly would never have known it (I can't remember ever reading an owners manual for a chainsaw!) one of my guys pointed it out to me.

Most chainsaw manuals list opening up the shutter to heat the carb area at a much lower temp, generally below freezing. Wonder what makes those saws so special?

Going back to the design in my shade tree mechanics mind set ,here's what I think .

The fuel part of the the intake goes into the crank case where the heat of the descending piston gives off it's heat to the inrush of fuel/air mixture .

By the same token if I have the system figured out the fresh air charge for blowdown goes through a side port ,though a window sideways through the piston and into the transfer port ahead of the normal fuel /air .

Now if that's true it would not have enough time to mix and transfer the heat so it goes into the cylinder rather cold .That is until such time as a continual run heats things up which would aid in combustion and things would smooth out

It's a mystery and it's the best I can figure out .

Did you set the shutter for 'winter operation'? I never knew such a thing existed until I was flipping through the owners manual...

Yes most all saws(my Stihls atleast) have that winter/summer shutter.

I've done a bunch of trimming and a few removals with it now and I'm still not impressed myself. Everytime I think I'm feeling that increased torque I lay it into some biggish woods while chunking down a spar and it's just not up to snuff with the 200t with the bar buried. I still haven't done any of the 'mods' to make it run better. It definetly cuts longer to a tank.

Anyone know where I can still get two 200T's?

In the wonderful world of red tape that I live in , I put in the paperwork for two 200's, the vendor that won the bid said he had them then tried to pass off 201's to us. Needless to say I am pretty pissed off and won't be doing business with this jackwagon ever again but in the meantime I need to find 200's!

Anyone know where I can still get two 200T's?

In the wonderful world of red tape that I live in , I put in the paperwork for two 200's, the vendor that won the bid said he had them then tried to pass off 201's to us. Needless to say I am pretty pissed off and won't be doing business with this jackwagon ever again but in the meantime I need to find 200's!
steel dealership down here at 3 or 4 on the shelf 5 and the last week I'll make a phone call see how many still on the shelf what the price might be and get back with you.

My 201s are absolute junk. It would just piss me off to describe the multiple problems. Stilhl should be embarassed to have their name on them.

steel dealership down here at 3 or 4 on the shelf 5 and the last week I'll make a phone call see how many still on the shelf what the price might be and get back with you.

Thank you Joel!!!! My dealer talked to your dealer and I am getting my saws!

My guy, who I've known for a long time, was very skeptical. He kept saying things like "ya know Greg, he'll probably want to hold onto them to take care of his best customers"....but low and behold he is giving them up at list price. I owe Joel a beer or two for this one.:)

Found a new 200 T down in the valley... Gonna have to go back and get it though... Won't let me pay for it over the phone and go get it. I have to purchase in person :dontknow:

My 201s are absolute junk. It would just piss me off to describe the multiple problems. Stilhl should be embarassed to have their name on them.

Would be interested to hear your complaints.

I bought a like new 201t last month and did the mods Snelling posted about on AS. Saw runs good and has nice power. Digging that new chisel chain too. From my limited trigger time, seems like an upgrade, or at least a sidestep compared to the 200t.

You know what you leave but you don't know what you will find...

Someone here says the new Husky is far far better than the 201t.
Didn't have the chance to try it myself yet so....... I bought another 200.

Back