MS201T

Aha I think I got it .Do you suppose because a portion of the intake goes kind of back assward into the crankcase and is then used for blowdown that it might have something to do with a kind of a lack of impulse priming the carb on a cold start ? Once it's running it's kind of like on steriods as compaired to a rope pull over .

Aha I think I got it .Do you suppose because a portion of the intake goes kind of back assward into the crankcase and is then used for blowdown that it might have something to do with a kind of a lack of impulse priming the carb on a cold start ? Once it's running it's kind of like on steriods as compaired to a rope pull over .

No, it is piston ported channels so the close in time to build up pressure in the tiny volume there is under piston. They have full circle cranks that fill up almost entire crankcase.

When you see how this is built, think of how sensitive a two stroke is to air leak and fuel problems....
Go down a bit on this page, click X-Torq and watch the flash Play
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/homeowner/products/chainsaws/576-xp/#video58548

As far I can...

Husqvarna say it is OK, owners don't care so I let them pull...
Up to 10 pulls is nothing.
I seen happy loggers that are happy pulling 15 times, wait a minute or two for it to warm up and then after about 4 minutes it perform as it should.
After paying $1500 I would not be a happy customer if the saw I bought acted like that...
I rebuilt mine so it starts fairly easy, but almost never run under 5 pulls. There is a bit more to tinker with so it starts easier, but I doubt I'll need it.
It will go kaboom soon anyway. Running out on ideas how to stop bearing from spinning in the casing.

576 seem better, I don't see many really bad ones.

I can't for the life of me understand the design. Or the reason for it? I don't see why they need to spend so much money and resources on something that is not the best.

xtorq.jpg

What exactly is the cause of needing so many pulls on a new saw? Personally, I think ten pulls is a lot, compared to a lot of saws that will start dead cold on five or so. Can't they make it so more gas gets into the cylinder so the darn thing will fire? Different jets or something? The engineers should be working on it.

Less fuel, smaller jets, long fuel lines, small crankcase volumes, narrow timing for ports, restricted flows to name a few things...

A lot of things...

It definitely looks longer than the 200 rh, which doesn't have the filter cover sticking so far back. Where is Jeff to show fifteen boxes of his now?

Part of me wants to own one... the practical part of me reminds me I really don't NEED it. If I had a bucket or a job like Burnam... There would be one in the truck.

When working from the ground on downed trees, those rear handled models are great limbing saws, 020, 200, 201 I suppose) if you have to do a lot of it with small to medium sized limbs. All day long and it isn't much fatiguing.

I have 3 other saws that do limbing. 026 ain't a bad limbing saw either. and it's the baby of the bunch... The 345s are good as well.. I have one left but I need a new idle screw on it.

Bucket? I'd think it'd be alot harder to cut and chuck with a rearhandle than a tophandle? Much to small for a groundsaw for me anyways.

I find the rear handle ok from a bucket if you are just dropping stuff, cut and grab is awkward...maybe unsafe.

Back