MS201T

Just unscrew the bolt that holds it in. It's nothing like the 200's, it's just a mesh screen. Might take a flat head to pop it loose.

But makes sense the 441 is a little different to get set right also.
Well that's another one .

When I first ran Toms 441 it seemed to be fine at first go .The last I used that thing I couldn't hardly get the damned thing started so something is amiss for only running a season .Slow on the warm up before it got going good it seemed .

We have a long day tomorrow and I'm going to try and get to the track tomorrow night, so there won't be a lot of extra time for fiddling.

I don't find the stratos I have any harder to start than the non-stratos.

They do, however have to warm up a tad before they really perform.

That is even more so with the new Sthl C-class injection models.

All I can say, they are worth waiting for.

Once warm, they pull like nothing else I've come across. ( non-modified, that is)

The Husky 576 AutoTunes I have start good but like Stig says the stratos do take longer to warm up and perform. But from blipping the throttle at the very cold start there is no bog like the non AutoTune does. I imagine the new 441 C would be the same.
Yes these saws sure do "pull"

The Active ignitions used on these i would like to test on a conventional saw. I think that would be a real lift...
Then you get a completely different saw without the compromises in the timing that there normally is.

I have not had a X-torq here that started under 5 pulls cold without modifications or manual primer.

I have not had a X-torq here that started under 5 pulls cold without modifications or manual primer.
Magnus, I just went out side and started up one of the Husqvarna 576XP AutoTunes. It is -23C outside, the saw was sitting in a metal garden shed and has not been run for 25 days.
It started on 4 pulls:)

I know, you told this before. I know there is a few that start easy, but I have not had any here yet.
Not in any of the X-Torq models.

Magnus, I just went out side and started up one of the Husqvarna 576XP AutoTunes. It is -23C outside, the saw was sitting in a metal garden shed and has not been run for 25 days.
It started on 4 pulls:)

I know, you told this before. I know there is a few that start easy, but I have not had any here yet.
Not in any of the X-Torq models.
Magnus, I'll tell you my little secret......I didn't use the decompressor.

Tomorrow I'll try it again, it won't be 25 days but I'll press the decompress button this time.

The 576XP AT sat outside last night, -11C [13F] this morning. I used the decompressor this time, the 576 has no primer. It started on 3 pulls.

Back