MS201T

The crap thing is I've got or had 4 200t's. It appears one has gone missing somehow or other this year. I kind of suspect it may have gotten stollen at the same time as my wheedwhacker. I'm furious about it really. In one day I had my new(ish) 201t damaged and discovered one of my complete 200t's gone.

Sucks.

I feel fairly certain that I was only hit the one time and they must have taken both, but I'm taking no chances anymore.

Squisher residence is on high alert, more severe security measures are being implemented.

I can't really explain in words how I feel about people coming on my property and taking my hard-earned stuff.

And my worker gets mad at me today when I holler at him for leaving the truck door unlocked and the backpack blower unchained in my truck while we are both working well away from the vehicle. I am thinking of taking masking tape and writing the retail value of each piece of equipment in a visible place to try to get them to understand my position.

I am thinking of taking masking tape and writing the retail value of each piece of equipment in a visible place to try to get them to understand my position

We have that sign at the store. Every nugget, patty, or slice of cheese.

Well young Tom learned the value of heavy duty locks after several thousand dollars worth of Stihl saws were stolen--twice .

OK, I'll bite (Haaa), how much is a slice of cheese and a nugget?

wimpy1.jpg

I pick up two of the last four 200ts available locally here on Monday. That's my review of the 201t.

Interesting my shop said all of the new Stihls with the 'intelli' carb or whatever it is have hesitation compared to the older models. None of you other 201t users have noticed a lag when you hit the throttle? I was talking to them about how to get rid of it and they said it's a by-product of these new carbs.

Good news is the new handle will only be about $25 because all my guts are still good.

The old 200 carbs have the built in accelerator pump thats what gave them the quick response. But I believe with all the grief they gave MS200 owners over the years they got rid of it.
Squish maybe you can take the better design handles from the 201 and put it on your 200, might be a few other parts you can swap also.
$25 for the handle? Your dealer was just trying to put a smile on your face:lol:

I wonnder if you can switch carbs? I am sure glad that I have 2 brand new 200's sitting on the shelf. It's gonna be a couple of years until all the bugs are worked out of the 201's. I don't care to be a R/D guinne pig.

Fuel injection is coming. The latest I heard Stihl introduced a new concrete saw with fuel injection, chainsaws will be next.:)

My theory on the hesitation when accelerating is that it could be solved with more fuel getting put into the cylinder...guess that is what the pump did. I think it can be done with conventional carbs as well, sticking on a greater fuel moving carb specked for a larger saw will solve the problem I've noticed, but for some reason the makers don't do that. No doubt more unburnt fuel goes out with the exhaust, maybe that is why? Never experimented with larger jets, I'd be curious.

I remember when Zama introduced the plunger style pump carb back in the mid 1980s for weed trimmers, at the time I thought thats a good idea for the saws. I sent a letter to Stihl Canada.
Yes a bigger venturi carb gets more power out, but throttle response may be worse in some cases. I was looking at my 372 Husky the other day and it just has a little small cube carb, I like to try swapping the 395 carb on to it.

Back