MS201T

I have three 46's and have never experienced the problem you're describing?

As for the tophandle mounts if I'm backchaining with it while chunking down say, I'll push pretty damn hard at times on that mount, that's what does it I think.

I am wondering what others who have one or have looked them over think about the spring attachment point for the handlebar vs the 200t with the rubber mount? I've ripped those rubber mounts apart before, the spring seems like it may be a weak point? Orrrrr maybe not, I guess time will tell. Integral bar nut with the sidecover is unneeded and sucky imo, harder to spin off once it's loose by hand.

Hmm, take a look at the middle of the spring & see if there's a limiting wire to prevent over extension of the spring. Its been a year since I had a 192T torn apart on the bench, but vaguely recall such a thing.

-mike

The spring AV mounts on the 361 and 441 have been holding up fine, I think. Maybe better than the rubber ones before.

The ones on my 441 break about every second year.

I just keep extras in the truck, they are easy to exchange, even in the woods.

Bear in mind that I put about 1000 hrs on my 441 a year, so they last about 1500-2000 hrs.
That is okay IMO.

That's cool! I wish I knew how many hours were on my saws, but I really have no idea.

Well it stands to reason a spring would fail after a given amount of time .By the same token the rubber mounts will fail also .

Now on those rubber mounts it seems that over a period of time the bar oil deteriates them .However on the souped up 038 I break them .I'm not exactly sure if it's the increased power or what .

So far on that saw ,two top mounts ,one front corner mount and two torn boots as a result of a torn top mounts .BTW those were all brand new mounts to start with shortly after I rebuilt and souped up the saw .This is the only Stihl out of all them I own I've had a problem with mounts .

That's cool! I wish I knew how many hours were on my saws, but I really have no idea.

Easy for me to calculate.

Last year I did 8 months of logging. That is running the saw about 40 hrs a week for some 30 weeks.

Then I subtracted a bit for those days when we play at being arborists.

A 441 lasts me 2-3 years, then it gets swapped for a new one.
It is my primary tool, so I want it to be in perfect shape.

Well, next week I'll turn the new 201t up a bit. But honestly so far imo, it's no 200t. I've ran them both back to back. I'd say the 201t has about 8 tanks or so through it?

Imo as I said the power is less so far.

I never had any issues with the balance or ergonomics of the 200t. I'm gonna give the 201 some more time and I haven't turned it up yet, but I'm not holding my breath.

The 200 I'm running it against is about 4 months or so old.

Well the saw sucks imo. Noticeably less power. I ran it against the 200 on chunking down two firs about the same size. I made it halfway through the 1st one before calling for the real tophandle the 200t. I sure hope I've got a 201t dud or something, but mine lacks for power bigtime.

Anyone else running the 16" bar on theirs?

The 201t has moved to a back-up/trims only saw.

Have I mentioned I'm not impressed? Because I'm not.

How many tanks?

Mine has I'm guessing about a dozen or so through it, I figured it should be up to power by now. It seems to run a little funky to me, like it kind of hesitates almost? Does yours do that? Do you feel it's in line powerwise with a 200t?

And the revs are low seeming to me. I guess I'll have to start turning it up a bit and monitoring the plug to see what I can get out of it.

How many tanks?

Mine has I'm guessing about a dozen or so through it, I figured it should be up to power by now. It seems to run a little funky to me, like it kind of hesitates almost? Does yours do that? Do you feel it's in line powerwise with a 200t?

And the revs are low seeming to me. I guess I'll have to start turning it up a bit and monitoring the plug to see what I can get out of it.

I probably only have a few more tanks in it than you do, now I am curious to how everyone elses's has been treating them. No hesitation here either. I feel the power is comparable, just more in a four stroke way instead of a two stroke way. 14" bar and chain is on it.

Yah I had high hopes for it out of the gate, it seemed kind of torquey and like that might make up for the lack of speed and high end screaming. It's not imo. My employee wants nothing to do with it anymore, he reaches for a 200t exclusively now.

It's only one saw and a couple of guys opinion of it so far, I'll be giving it a try some more. But I'm not holding my breath.

I feel the power is comparable, just more in a four stroke way instead of a two stroke way. 14" bar and chain is on it.

See I was kind of thinking that way too. But than I ran them one right after another in a couple of the same trees and that torqueness was not equalling cutting speed. The 200t blew it out of the water everytime. Now the 200t that I'm running it against is right in it's prime. I'll keep comparing for sure.

FJR, have you turned yours up at all? I'm wondering if maybe my shop missed the carb settings or something if you're not getting that hesitation at all. I think I'll start with atleast re-setting the carb tomorrow to make sure it's all hunky dorry.

Back