MS201T

I got to use the 201T in the beginning of July. It wasn't a bad saw, the weight felt the same. The only thing I noticed was a delay when you would go to cut. Stihl said that it was not a production model and that it would be fixed before they would come out in early august. They said is was something with the timing...? it was not adjusted correctly...?

I wonder if in addition to the type induction if in fact the microprocesser controlled ignition might be a factor of slower acceleration ?

With limited knowledge of this type design it puts things on a different level regarding trouble shooting or enhancement of power .

Keep the reviews coming people. My saw shop is bringing one in for me, no obligation but I'll probably pick it up anyways.

Ran 3 tanks thru today. Air filter still looks perfect. I'm very impressed with out of the box performance. After a week of hard use it should seat and pick up a touch more go. Need to get a lightweight 14 inch bar. I could definitely tell the difference at the end of the day.

I can't remember what brand is the lightweight bars y'all are running?

I bought a 201t today, couldn't help myself. I don't know who was saying they had some trouble getting the spark arrestor out. Easy peasy. Ditched it and turned the oiler up tomorrow will start it's torture testing.

Good to see they put flippy caps for dummies on that saw. Never seen so many people at the other place get so baffled and bitchy over a simple flippy cap, lol.

I'm one of the baffled and bitchy ones, so far as the flippy caps go on both my 200's. Never a problem with any of the bigger saws, but the ones on the 200's are forever giving grief.

I've got a skinny ( .043 )12" on one of the 200 Ts' . I really don't think it's any faster than .050 though . Then too it's got Carlton chain and the 14" standard is Stihl chain .

Now the saws are different,the 12" being on a souped 200 and the 14" on a stocker (almost ) and obviously the super bee will out cut the stocker but the rate of cut really doesn't seem to be faster looking at the chip size .This is all just an opinion of my own and others might see it differently .

Well the 201t did quite well for it's 1st day out imo. Quite comparable powerwise and it's only had three tanks through it. I'm feeling like it's gonna be a keeper.

I thought to break it in lightly on a big azz maple takedown were the 16" bar was buried quite a bit. lol

I am wondering what others who have one or have looked them over think about the spring attachment point for the handlebar vs the 200t with the rubber mount? I've ripped those rubber mounts apart before, the spring seems like it may be a weak point? Orrrrr maybe not, I guess time will tell. Integral bar nut with the sidecover is unneeded and sucky imo, harder to spin off once it's loose by hand.

The spring AV mounts on the 361 and 441 have been holding up fine, I think. Maybe better than the rubber ones before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stop ripping it out of the cut after you pinch it. :P

I was wondering how that spring will hold up to, it's attatchment and what not.

I've never had to replace a vibe mount though, although where I work PT they are constantly trying to rip the handles off. A bolt on my 460 did break recently and snap inside the "case" I would call it. PITA, and I really haven't used the saw since. :( Should take care of that one of these days.

Back