MS201T

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just did an Ash and a Cherry take down with it this afternoon. I really don't mind it. I wanna say it lacks a hair of chain speed in the cut but it's definitely comparable. I've yet to take out the spark arrestor too.

It's def. good on gas, and surely doesn't oil enough. I'll have to turn that up a bit. Air filter stayed super clean too.

There is a 200T at the local hardware store..."on sale" for awhile now for $599...am I crazy not to buy it?

$600 is a lot of dough.

Offer $500, for a pro saw on sale for a while in a hardware store...may get a bite. Fwiw Gary, it's worth every penny of $600 imo.

Nice Brendon....let us know how it performs overtime.

Also, quick question for everyone. What do you want more in a saw, chain speed or torque? And what are the advantages to each?

Nice Brendon....let us know how it performs overtime.

Also, quick question for everyone. What do you want more in a saw, chain speed or torque? And what are the advantages to each?

You want both. Chain speed is better for smaller wood and torque is better for having the bar buried. Imo

My dealer said he hasn't even heard of the 201t yet?

I'm so frusturated with the crap carbs on the 200t that I think I'll wait and buy a 201t when they arrive around here.

No dought about that, just ran a tank through. Gotta pull the arrestor too.

I gotta say again, the caps are butter!

The caps are a real treat. I haven't cut with mine yet. Got alot of removals next week so it should get a nice workout. I particularly like the top handle, the wider palm side of the air filter base feels much better IMO.

Baileys was supposed to be working on a better cap to fix the "flippy " problem .I don't know what happened with that .Maybe Stihl fussed about it .If they did they should make a better cap is all I can say to that ,damned things .:what:

Chip in the carb? I musta missed that. I haven't even really looked at the thing, I think tomorrow I'll pull the arrestor though.

No, i'm pretty sure its powered by the heat in the saw. Thats why they say to keep them in the cab on the way to the job in the winter, pre heat or they wont run.

Lol to Willie.

Ran it again today, two tanks, big oak. Getting faster, forgot to take the arrestor out, and forgot to turn up the oil. Uses about two tablespoons per tank of gas! Dry chain!

Back