MS 441 or MS 461

I have used the 461 & 441 extensively over the last year. I grab the 44 for limbing and general woods work. The 46 I use for cross cutting & ringing down. They have very different handling & cutting characteristics, so my decision would be based on usage. Both excell in there individual niches

I have used the 461 & 441 extensively over the last year. I grab the 44 for limbing and general woods work. The 46 I use for cross cutting & ringing down. They have very different handling & cutting characteristics, so my decision would be based on usage. Both excell in there individual niches

Agreed.

I'm about to pick up a 461 I think but I have one issue. I'm well accustomed to the current husky anti vibe, which is outstanding. When I run a 461, I find myself having kickback issues. My saw handling is based on the anti vibe it's worked with for awhile now. The stiffer 461 mounts are less forgiving. Which isn't a flaw. It just means I need to be aware of the different character of that saw when trying to move in a productive manner. Hard to describe.

Ha me too. But took a little cut this summer so I've been getting pretty conscientious since then. Wearing in hot weather is the challenge.

I recently bought a 461 as well and I love it. I run a 25 inch bar most of the time, with a 32 for when I need a little more reach. I've never run a 441, but advice from this forum pointed me to the 461. Using the compression release it starts easy, I usually do a few soft pulls to make sure there's fuel through the carb, and sometimes it starts right up off a soft pull.

Never heard of this soft pull to prime idea.

Back