Monster tree service franchise

Joezilla11

TreeHouser
Just saw that one of these is opening in my area. My curiosity had me look them up as the hiring ad said they are a national company and expanding. I looked them up and found that it's a franchise and they state that no tree experience is necsssary to open one of their franchises as they will train u. Also saw that the founder started this at 25 with no experience himself.
Just curious if these guys are popping up elsewhere.

Sounds like a fantastic business proposition! :O

The franchise fee is $39,995. Included in the fee is an exclusive territory, use of the Monster Tree Service brand name, operating systems, logo, trade dress, comprehensive training program and ongoing support. Your territory is based on a population of up to 250,000 people, based upon zip codes and it is the franchisee’s option to purchase additional larger territory. Development and conversion agreements are also available.

What are the ongoing fees?

You will be required to pay royalties on gross sales at a rate of 6.5% on the first $1 million annually and 5% on sales in excess of $1 million annually. There is a 1% brand development fee.

What do I need financially to open a Monster Tree Service?

We require potential franchisees to have a minimum of $250,000 net worth with at least $100,000 in liquid capital.

Is financing available?

Yes, Monster Franchise, LLC offers up to 50% of the franchise fee based on the creditworthiness of the applicant.

What equipment do I need to purchase?

You will need a dependable sales vehicle that portrays a proper business appearance for on-site sales estimates. You do not need to purchase a new sales vehicle and may use your personal car, van or sport utility vehicle with appropriate branding. In addition, you will need a bucket truck, chip truck, wood chipper, skid loader, a variety of chain saws and rigging gear to operate your Monster Tree Service franchise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it said the territory is based on population with an option of buying more and I assume no one else could open another in your area

It says a territory is an area with a population up to 250k. Cleveland has roughly 400k. I could see someone wanting to buy up territories for that reason.

If I had that kind of money laying around I sure wouldn't be putting into a some tree service franchise. Sounds too good to be true. I wonder what happens after you pay the franchise fee????? I would almost bet you get left hanging and have to go it alone without their so called promised help.

I can't help thinking this is akin to legalized loansharking. You get sucked in and can't get out. Does anyone here make a million bucks to pay a royalty fee???? No way would something like this work in my area. Just not enough people with big bucks to spend it on trees.

Not far, Willoughby. Small world, nice to meet you. Who do you work for, so I know who not to be giving the finger to while out and about.:beer:

Ha! I'm too nice I smile and waive at everyone! And I dont work for anyone so flip away lol
Butch I'll get to my profile, too many distractions and good posts here I forgot!

Not far, Willoughby. Small world, nice to meet you. Who do you work for, so I know who not to be giving the finger to while out and about.:beer:

If you lived there long you might know the Skeggs.

Horse people and the father was a doctor. He had a house with a stream flowing through the living room.

I went to Cleveland for a visit and to see the R&R Hall of fame. I was surprised how much old money was invested in the place. Old stuff is the coolest.

I too am in the same area where monster tree service is from. these guys suck for sure. laid over a couple of cranes already. worked across the street from them once and was not impressed.

Back