Mid mount bucket truck

Mine is fairly effortless too but it forces your arm/wrist/elbow into bad positions to activate it or to use the pistol grip as you continue to hold the lockout. Did your levers have individual lockouts, or were they just plain levers?

Edit- with the lockout disabled, you don't have to squeeze anything, just push or pull or turn or tilt the pistol in whatever way is comfortable

Mine is a versalift and the pistol is across the front of the bucket. For most booming it feels very comfortable to hold the pistol, not ackward. My lever truck had no interlocks and I found it very uncomfortable to multi-function the boom. With the pistol I can three function with one movement.

I wouldn't disable my interlock.

Buckets I've run, if you do 3 functions at once, one of them will be either very slow or not moving at all as the other 2 functions are using all the available oil/flow. Hence, ALC levers always were highly effective for me. And the ergonomics were the main thing. To each, his own.

There's no doubt our new bucket with levers is ridiculously fast but certainly not easy. Running 3 controls with interlocks one handed isn't impossible but it's not easy either

I would think locks on the levers negates most of the lever-advantage?

Back