Mendocino Coast

gf beranek

Old Schooler
It's getting near the end of the wild flower season on the coast. So Terri and I went to Jefferson cove, just a couple miles south of town, to shoot the tail end of the bloom,, along with the cove in the background.

Our wild flower season lasts from March thru August with June and July being the peak.

Attachments

• Ocean 001r.jpg
    Ocean 001r.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Ocean 003r.jpg
    Ocean 003r.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Ocean 006r.jpg
    Ocean 006r.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Ocean 007r.jpg
    Ocean 007r.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 4
I've always wanted to go sea kayaking around Mendocino, there are some cool inlets there and a nice waterfall.

Great shots! From the looks of it seems like a calm day on the water for July; nice to see the winds aren't blowing too hard.

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In our local the ocean temp varies between 50 and 60 degrees year around. Pretty near take your breath away if you jump in it. Pretty to look at, but cold up the butt, and sure to shrink your weenie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It true, Butch. The abalone and urchin divers here call it "Divers Dick" The cold water makes your body draw the penis right up into your body so far you couldn't grab the head to shake it if you wanted to. Really a weird feeling.

Very, very uncomfortable.

It's the truth. I used to swim on our coast with no suit. General order of the day would be, collect a large amount of driftwood, build a huge ass fire, roast yourself under the fire and sun until you were boiling hot and then you were good for about 3 minutes of swimming, then repeat. Literally if you stayed in to long you'd just start to seize up and probably not long afterwards would drown. Ahh to be young and dumb again.:|:

I eventually got a full suit and then things were rather enjoyable, swim year round then.

Beautiful pics Jerry. I honeymooned on the Oregon coast, I dream of heading back someday.

I went knee deep at Long Beach near Tofino in my early teen years, once, for about 2 minutes. no thanks! I swear I could see icebergs on the horizon.

Lol, I remember on a burning hot day in a logging camp not to far from Tofino I dove off the dock into the ocean for a refreshing dip and the locals thought I was nuts.

Geez Paul, even my daughter got as far into the ocean as you when we were in Tofino a couple of summers ago.:P

:lol:

Back