Maple reduction

Great post, Sean! I could really relate to it, having been persuaded to re climb trees once or twice...
Sometimes the client (who is watching you) doesn't bother mentioning that additional limb or two untill you are back on the ground.
I find removals far easier to accurately estimate time requirements for, than pruning work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's not that picky, and he's way too busy to make himself available while I trim it. As long as it looks like something's been done to keep the tree "in check" he'll be happy, but it needs to be visible. Definitely a good time for before / after photos.
I've been climbing SRT exclusively, climbed once or twice drt just to make sure I knew how to do it if needed, been using a Unicender and now a Rope Runner. I like the multiple climbing line idea, If I take my rock climbing rope with me I'll have 2 lines.

I totally agree on the hourly rate bit, I'd probably clean their toilet if requested. For yourself, do you have a solid hourly rate or does it change depending on the job? Ex, feet on ground vs. climbing vs. sketchy climbing?

Depends on what the market will bear...Sliding scale applies.

btw there is *nothing* sketchy about climbing that tree to the tips, and pruning with pole tools. Manual pole tools. But yeah if your knees are knockin, the scale slides up.

Back