Lot Clearing Tips

Yeah if burning was allowed, on lots that size you could knock them out with a mini excavator working by yourself. A loader would be handy to push everything into a central pile, but not required.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Carl I am running a 200 Xp and a rental is out of the budget. I think I am going to use this entire project and sell my Boxer in hopes to upgrade to a 340. A man can dream can't he?

Must be damned small houses because you can't get too much on a 1/4 acre .50 by 200 is a 1/4 acre .50 by 50 is so small I'm surprised in could even qualify as being large enough to meet most zoning requirements .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Al, they are all acre or more lots. I am just clearing enough room for the foundation and septic and will return,hopefully, at the request of the owner to finish tree removal. I think the GC is looking at it as a conservation of the natural surroundings instead of stripping the land and planting young trees.

Oh I see now .I thought it was just scrub land that repopulated with little scrub trees .

Seems they've gotten a little smarter about things since about 1978 when they bull dozed everything in sight and planted little nursery stock .Which is now soft maples to provide employment for tree trimmers .

I've only seen a few clear cuts locally and one was about 50 acres .So they put in streets and so forth and built sanitary houses all alike which most of them lost through foreclosure by now .Those were probabley on 1/2 -3/4 acre lots ,big deal or so they thought while paying off a 250 thousand dollar mortgage .Lots of for sale signs these days it seems ,bank owned .

Back