Longest length of rope

I have a 200' 1/2" three strand and 200' 9/16 DB.

If you can buy the 600' piece and use it un-cut for two guy lines , and use an already owned rope for the third, I'd do that, so as not to limit future options.

Girth hitch the red rope at one strong location, pulling out the two ends for the anchors, then use the pink for the third direction.

guylines.png

I bought those 600 feet ropes and probabley another 800 feet of various sizes real cheap at an auction ,all nylon three strand .

Now that zip line deal .A long time ago I streatched 200 feet of 3/8" seven strand messenger cable over my pond for the kids to slide down .They had a ball that summer .One end up in a guyed pole and the other end on the hitch of a D4 Cat .It wasn't going any place .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PCTREE..... Your inbox is full....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

300 ft 0f 5/8ths,
300 ft pf 1/2 inch 3 strand to go in the rope puller
if i needed longer, i used a roll of arbor plex once..cause it was cheap, if its huge i just used steel cable and shackles (haywire)

ive got that 5/8th and 2 spring pins if ya need it.

At one time I had about 300 feet of 5/8" crane cable I used to pull trees with a dozer .Heavy ,damn! I kept it on a big wire reel .It was so heavy you couldn't carry it but you could roll it around on the reel . It some how got left out in the elements and the reel fell apart and I'm certain by now the wire rope is no good .

At one time I had about 300 feet of 5/8" crane cable I used to pull trees with a dozer .Heavy ,damn! I kept it on a big wire reel .It was so heavy you couldn't carry it but you could roll it around on the reel . It some how got left out in the elements and the reel fell apart and I'm certain by now the wire rope is no good .
Lol you told me to start yanking around 300' of 5/8 cable for tree work, Id tell you to get bent, do it yourself or buy a rope, no doubt it got left outside to rot, by your last groundman Im sure.

PS: I use a tirfor almost every day, we have three sizes, small, medium, and big, the big uses 9/16" cable but only about 50 ft of it, 300' 5/8 is just...sillly.

I have no idea if you can inline splice a piece of braided rope or not .

Yes- it's easy to do. I'd even recommend a locking brummel for it so you can really taper down that tail to minimize the bulk on the splice.

I don't know about 1" 3 strand but I think we will get 1/2" 3 strand for the guying.

I wouldn't use 3 strand for guying. It's too stretchy. If you're talking really long lengths, you'll really notice the stretch as you're setting up your rigging. I'd probably go with a hollow braid for this....i think. Maybe even dyneema if I was feeling fancy!

love
nick

We have 200' poison ivys that we do our Fir pigs with. Still can't get a lot of em with just the top tie-in.

Back